Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Dr Strangelove (or Strangeglove as a mate of mine thought it was) is fantastic, one of my favourites.

I saw Catwoman the other day, well I only half watched it as I was working at the same time, but I can say with confidence that it was without any redeeming features.

I suspect HF and Rantin' would love it. :(

Dr Strangelove (or Strangeglove as a mate of mine thought it was) is fantastic, one of my favourites.

I saw Catwoman the other day, well I only half watched it as I was working at the same time, but I can say with confidence that it was without any redeeming features.

180570[/snapback]

Ironic you refer to me as Rantin' after today's performance! :(

180570[/snapback]

I guess I wouldn't because it didn't break the cinematic mould by creating a visual style never seen in cinema before, showing for the first time how digital film can enhance the viewing experience rather than get in the way, a la Star Wars.

But I haven't seen it yet so I might be wrong.

I guess I wouldn't because it didn't break the cinematic mould by creating a visual style never seen in cinema before, showing for the first time how digital film can enhance the viewing experience rather than get in the way, a la Star Wars.

180576[/snapback]

Listen to yourself, you goon! :(

You're right, like, I found the film offensive, but that's down to my taste. It did break new ground, mind you, Cat Woman broke new ground in that I didn't know if I was watching Halle Berry or CGI half the time, not sure that's a positive.

To address a point raised a view pages ago, I would guess that it's the studio who are responsible for the whoring of Tarintino's films, because he's only made 5 of the buggers. Apparently he's always being asked to make something else (with good reason, even if the Kill Bills were a bit dodgy).

180576[/snapback]

Listen to yourself, you goon! :(

You're right, like, I found the film offensive, but that's down to my taste. It did break new ground, mind you, Cat Woman broke new ground in that I didn't know if I was watching Halle Berry or CGI half the time, not sure that's a positive.

180607[/snapback]

:( Barry Norman wishes he could spout shite like that man.

Can't agree on your other point though. CGI actors were used in loads of stuff from Dire Straits' Money for Nothing video to T2. Then there was Matrix Reloaded, Spiderman and Lord Of The Rings before Catwoman.

Big Trouble In Little Chine was on Sky Cinema last night, stone cold classic. Fact!

I also watched Willy Wonka on Saturday night. It was canny and no doubt more faithfull to the book but it was just missing something that the original had.

I totally failed in my target of watching the rest of Barton Fink and Dr Strangelove :lol:

Watched Napoleon Dynamite on Friday. I thought there were some classic lines and some really funny moments in it, and the lad playing Napoleon was class, but I dunno.........when it finished I wasn't exactly bowled over or anything.

Rex Kwon Do was quality. :lol:

Watched Napoleon Dynamite on Friday.  I thought there were some classic lines and some really funny moments in it, and the lad playing Napoleon was class, but I dunno.........when it finished I wasn't exactly bowled over or anything.

Rex Kwon Do was quality. :lol:

181650[/snapback]

Back in 82!

Ended up watching John Tucker Must Die on Friday night. I am so spectacularly under the thumb. :lol:

They must've known what the audience demographic would be, because the trailers were for things like You, Me and Dupree (seriously, "Two's company. Dupree's a crowd." What the fuck?), Little Man and three more globs of Hollywood spaff so god-awful that my brain has already decided to purge their memory. Or maybe they were just trying to make the main feature look better. It didn't work.

Watched the dvd on the 1960 European Cup Final when Real Madrid beat Eintract Frankfurt 7-3 in front of 135,000 at Hampden in what is often regarded as the greatest match of all time. Frankfurt actually start the stronger having a couple of chances as well as hitting the bar before taking the lead. All this did though was to spark Madrid into life. They were ahead within less than 10 minutes and they went in at half-time 3-1 up and after that it was a procession with Di Stefano getting a hatrick and Puskas scoring four.

Despite how long ago the match was and the inevitable slow pace of the match it is still well worth watching and makes an entertaining spectacle after all these years. Also, if anyone has seen the 1955 Cup Final when we beat Man City it is hard to believe that this game took place only 5 years later as the players on display (for Madrid at least) are light years ahead of the ones in the earlier match.

Watched the dvd on the 1960 European Cup Final when Real Madrid beat Eintract Frankfurt 7-3 in front of 135,000 at Hampden in what is often regarded as the greatest match of all time. Frankfurt actually start the stronger having a couple of chances as well as hitting the bar before taking the lead. All this did though was to spark Madrid into life. They were ahead within less than 10 minutes and they went in at half-time 3-1 up and after that it was a procession with Di Stefano getting a hatrick and Puskas scoring four.

Despite how long ago the match was and the inevitable slow pace of the match it is still well worth watching and makes an entertaining spectacle after all these years. Also, if anyone has seen the 1955 Cup Final when we beat Man City it is hard to believe that this game took place only 5 years later as the players on display (for Madrid at least) are light years ahead of the ones in the earlier match.

181718[/snapback]

I've never seen the 55 Cup Final but i've got that Madrid match kicking about somewhere and it makes excellent viewing.