Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Christ all mighty wept on a bike!

Get a grip man.

180499[/snapback]

I'm obviously taking the piss, but honestly it's you who needs to get a grip, vile human being that she is tbs tbs.

Christ all mighty wept on a bike!

Get a grip man.

180499[/snapback]

I'm obviously taking the piss, but honestly it's you who needs to get a grip, vile human being that she is tbs tbs.

180510[/snapback]

I wouldn't let a no-mark like her wind me up so much tbh.

I'm in agreement with the Bum on this one. I have really disliked being forced to watch bits of BB by wor lass when she wasn't in but I cannot watch her at all. She is the most annoying human being (worse than Eamon Holmes!) I have ever seen on the telly.

Someone should just kick her in the cunt and tell her to fuck off.

I've googled it now - you mean Nikki, right? From the very few bits I've seen she seems like a spoilt 3 year old but I'm guessing it's an act. My sis likes her though, for the 'entertainment value' apparently. I'm more of a 'Love Island' fan tbh. Have you been on the poteen today btw? :(

180508[/snapback]

She's not right, people who only think about themselves should be put down. I think I might actually respect a bloke for chinning her, and that's saying something.

I'm on a wind-up, like, but I really did think enjoyment of Sin City was reserved for filthy pubescents, so I'm obviously keen to meet Renton's wife now. :(

I'm in agreement with the Bum on this one.  I have really disliked being forced to watch bits of BB by wor lass when she wasn't in but I cannot watch her at all.  She is the most annoying human being (worse than Eamon Holmes!) I have ever seen on the telly.

180514[/snapback]

:( Jesus Wept! :(

I'm in agreement with the Bum on this one.  I have really disliked being forced to watch bits of BB by wor lass when she wasn't in but I cannot watch her at all.  She is the most annoying human being (worse than Eamon Holmes!) I have ever seen on the telly.

180514[/snapback]

I cannot imagine anyone taking BB that seriously.

I'll bet you're bitter because you voted her out and she's back.

I think it's the fact that I love Film Noir so much that spoiled it for me.  I was expecting something like The Big Sleep or Maltese Falcon both of which it didn't bare in real comparisson to for me.

Plus I did watch it on a pirate dvd so that probably lessened the visual impact somewhat.

I'll have to give it another go.

Oh and Paycheck was ok but not one of the better Phillip K Dick translations.  Thurman was a complete waste in it.  Any amount of unknown actresses could have played that poor excuse for a role.

180507[/snapback]

Aye, I was a bit baffled by Renton's comments there, but thought that was heading more for the serious conversation than the Friday afternoon piss-take.

What did you reckon to Bound?

I think it's the fact that I love Film Noir so much that spoiled it for me.  I was expecting something like The Big Sleep or Maltese Falcon both of which it didn't bare in real comparisson to for me.

Plus I did watch it on a pirate dvd so that probably lessened the visual impact somewhat.

Oh and Paycheck was ok but not one of the better Phillip K Dick translations.  Thurman was a complete waste in it.  Any amount of unknown actresses could have played that poor excuse for a role.

180507[/snapback]

Aye, I was a bit baffled by Renton's comments there, but thought that was heading more for the serious conversation than the Friday afternoon piss-take.

180522[/snapback]

Is that the Warchowski one with the lesbos? Haven't seen it, is it any good?

The best modern noir I've seen in a long while is Kiss Kiss Bang Bang even if it does cross over into buddy movie territory.

180519[/snapback]

For the record, I don't watch it, though I've got Channel 4 again so I might watch the final this evening. Don't know if I'll last, though, we flicked over the other night and I don't know, have they seriously started feeding them narcotics, or have they gone too far this year and sent them proper mental? I thought I was watching the worst effects of pills. I had to ask for it to be turned off, it was makig my head feel funny.

As for getting wound-up by her, I haven't especially had the opportunity to be, but it upsets me when people are that horrible, because it shatters the idealistic delusions of my warped fantasy world. I actually give a shit about other people, and it's dissapointing that someone of your seeming intelligence would overlook what a beast she is for a bit of rather disfigured looking minge.

Edited by DotBum

180514[/snapback]

180519[/snapback]

I don't take it seriously at all but when you're forced to watch something you can't stand to begin with having to see her as well just tips me over the edge.

Is that the Warchowski one with the lesbos?  Haven't seen it, is it any good?

The best modern noir I've seen in a long while is Kiss Kiss Bang Bang even if it does cross over into buddy movie territory.

180527[/snapback]

It is indeed, I loved it, the lesbos weren't bad either. :(

Also a big fan of KKBB.

Is that the Warchowski one with the lesbos?  Haven't seen it, is it any good?

180527[/snapback]

It is indeed, I loved it, the lesbos weren't bad either. :(

Also a big fan of KKBB.

180533[/snapback]

I'll have to check it out. I'll add it to my other lesbo wish list along with Mullholand Drive.

180507[/snapback]

180522[/snapback]

I was using this definition:

film noir n. A movie characterized by low-key lighting, a bleak urban setting, and corrupt, cynical characters.

I should have perhaps said comic noir though :(

180514[/snapback]

180519[/snapback]

I don't take it seriously at all but when you're forced to watch something you can't stand to begin with having to see her as well just tips me over the edge.

180532[/snapback]

What do you mean "forced to watch"?

Like Alex in Clockwork Orange?

I actually give a shit about other people, and it's dissapointing that someone of your seeming intelligence would overlook what a beast she is for a bit of rather disfigured looking minge.

180530[/snapback]

I can't imagine I'd be friends with ANY of the BB contestants.

I watch it to laugh at them, not with them.

People can call Nikki ugly, but based on her looks come 2am, if I hadn't pulled (likely) I'd try it on with her.

180514[/snapback]

180519[/snapback]

180532[/snapback]

180540[/snapback]

You'd better believe it. Worr lass is a real tyrant!

Speaking of Clockwork Orange, what's your opinion of that? It's another one I found extremely overrated but then again I find that with most of Kubrick's films.

180507[/snapback]

180522[/snapback]

I was using this definition:

film noir n. A movie characterized by low-key lighting, a bleak urban setting, and corrupt, cynical characters.

I should have perhaps said comic noir though :(

180538[/snapback]

There you go being logical. Clearly where you made your first mistake!

I can't imagine I'd be friends with ANY of the BB contestants.

I watch it to laugh at them, not with them.

People can call Nikki ugly, but based on her looks come 2am, if I hadn't pulled (likely) I'd try it on with her.

180545[/snapback]

Given her personality? That's my point. I'd be a little chirpier if she died.

180514[/snapback]

180519[/snapback]

180532[/snapback]

180540[/snapback]

Speaking of Clockwork Orange, what's your opinion of that? It's another one I found extremely overrated but then again I find that with most of Kubrick's films.

180546[/snapback]

I love Kubrick, but think it has aged more poorly than any of his other films. I don't know what I would have thought at the time, but watching it in the 90's it was like a bad 70's English sitcom.

Btw, I'm aware that threads wander off aimlessly all the time, but can we stop polluting this one with Big Brother?

It's completely shit, and that is a nailed on FACT!

And there's even a custom thread for it!

180514[/snapback]

180519[/snapback]

180532[/snapback]

180540[/snapback]

180546[/snapback]

I love Kubrick, but think it has aged more poorly than any of his other films. I don't know what I would have thought at the time, but watching it in the 90's it was like a bad 70's English sitcom.

180553[/snapback]

I think that sums it up exactly for me too.

Of Kubrick there's only The Killing, Spartacus & the first half of Full Metal Jacket that I have enjoyed. 2001 and The Shining did nothing for me at all and Bary Lyndon is one of the most boring things I've ever seen (well the part of it I watched because I couldn't stand it all).

I think that sums it up exactly for me too.

Of Kubrick there's only The Killing, Spartacus & the first half of Full Metal Jacket that I have enjoyed.  2001 and The Shining did nothing for me at all and Bary Lyndon is one of the most boring things I've ever seen (well the part of it I watched because I couldn't stand it all).

180556[/snapback]

2001 is amazing. It could suffer the same as Clockwork Orange, being made earlier and set later but even though Leonard Rossiter is in it, it avoids 70's sitcomitis by being the most gorgeous film ever.

The Shining is the only horror film that has scared me rigid.

Barry Lyndon I thought was remarkable.

Did you ever watch Dr Strangelove. You said you had it. One of the funniest films ever.

No I've still not round to watch Dr Stragelove yet (good memory btw).

I've put it in a pile of films that I'm working my way through (currently on with Barton Fink) so hopefull if the bairn starts sleeping and I can stay awake long enough on a night I will watch it shortly.

I have to admit I don't think I was watching the Shining properly so I might give that another go next time it's on.

I just didn't get 2001 (likes 2010 better if I'm honest) and like I said I just found Barry Lyndon (another with Leonard Rossiter in if I remember rightly) sooooo dull.

No I've still not round to watch Dr Stragelove yet (good memory btw).

I've put it in a pile of films that I'm working my way through (currently on with Barton Fink) so hopefull if the bairn starts sleeping and I can stay awake long enough on a night I will watch it shortly.

I have to admit I don't think I was watching the Shining properly so I might give that another go next time it's on.

I just didn't get 2001 (likes 2010 better if I'm honest) and like I said I just found Barry Lyndon (another with Leonard Rossiter in if I remember rightly) sooooo dull.

180564[/snapback]

Aye, there have been some great director actor partnerships, De Niro and Scorsese, Mifune and Kurosawa, Kinski and Herzog, Kubrick and Rossiter :(

Barton Fink is excellent too.

Edited by Happy Face