Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Is it artsy and boring though?  Not taking the piss but it sounds like it might be.  Sometimes I add stuff like that to my list then when it arrives I think "WTF did you put that on there for?!"  I don't want to make that mistake. :D

175341[/snapback]

I credit you with enough intelligence to see past the fact it's set on an empty sound stage where the actors pretend to interract with surroundings that don't exist. Going so far as to pet an imaginary dog that's been drawn on the ground.

If that sounds too artsy there's always the fact that Nicole Kidman gets abused throughout to enjoy.

I must have added I, Robot at some point in a moment of weakness cos I've just discovered they're sending me that. :D  Is it as bad as the critics said? :D

175342[/snapback]

I wasn't drawn to that film at all, but I've got to admit when I got round to seeing it I enjoyed it far more than I expected, does what it says on the tin, don't be expecting Citizen Kane.

Is it artsy and boring though?  Not taking the piss but it sounds like it might be.  Sometimes I add stuff like that to my list then when it arrives I think "WTF did you put that on there for?!"  I don't want to make that mistake. :icon_lol:

175341[/snapback]

I credit you with enough intelligence to see past the fact it's set on an empty sound stage where the actors pretend to interract with surroundings that don't exist. Going so far as to pet an imaginary dog that's been drawn on the ground.

If that sounds too artsy there's always the fact that Nicole Kidman gets abused throughout to enjoy.

175348[/snapback]

Are you serious? :D Cheeky twats at Screenselect suggesting I would like that! :D

I must have added I, Robot at some point in a moment of weakness cos I've just discovered they're sending me that. :D  Is it as bad as the critics said? :D

175342[/snapback]

I wasn't drawn to that film at all, but I've got to admit when I got round to seeing it I enjoyed it far more than I expected, does what it says on the tin, don't be expecting Citizen Kane.

175351[/snapback]

Cheers Jimbo. I feared the worst but will give it a go.

Are you serious? :D  Cheeky twats at Screenselect suggesting I would like that! :icon_lol:

175355[/snapback]

:D

You forget about it very quickly. Honest. And John Hurt narrates. The man is a god. But he's in The proposition too, so get that if you're after a more conventional film.

Are you serious? :D  Cheeky twats at Screenselect suggesting I would like that! :)

175355[/snapback]

You forget about it very quickly. Honest. And John Hurt narrates. The man is a god. But he's in The proposition too, so get that if you're after a more conventional film.

175359[/snapback]

That's on the list. :icon_lol:

Does Kidman get them out in Dogville? I'll get it if she does. :icon_lol:

I'm joking. :) But one of my mates has that as his sole decision-making tool for watching a film. If I tell him so-and-so is decent and worth a watch he just responds with "Does she get them out?". If I respond yes, there's a chance he'll watch it, no and he just goes "Sounds shit."

Edited by Gemmill

Does Kidman get them out in Dogville?  I'll get it if she does. :D

175363[/snapback]

She doesn't

175365[/snapback]

Sounds shit. :D

Nah, I can't do it mate. I can't watch a film with imaginary scenery.

Dogville is a fantasic movie, and I thought I, Robot was quality for what it was.

Why not get both? One a bit of a thinker and the other decent popcorn. If you dislike both you may want to kill me, though.

Nah, I can't do it mate.  I can't watch a film with imaginary scenery.

175367[/snapback]

Do you like plays?

175369[/snapback]

Yeah. But stroking a pretend dog? That's just not cricket.

175351[/snapback]

Exaclty what I thought. Good movie. Enjoyable.

175367[/snapback]

Do you like plays?

175369[/snapback]

Your kidding aren't you? The only culture Gemmill knows about are the ones growing in the empty pizza boxes in his living room :D

175367[/snapback]

Do you like plays?

175369[/snapback]

Yeah. But stroking a pretend dog? That's just not cricket.

175372[/snapback]

Nowt compared to what they do to the pretend dog at the end.

175367[/snapback]

Do you like plays?

175369[/snapback]

Your kidding aren't you? The only culture Gemmill knows about are the ones growing in the empty pizza boxes in his living room :D

175377[/snapback]

I'll have you know, I've been to the h-opera, young man!

Talking of plays, have you all seen Glengarry Glen Ross?  Originally a play, but the movie is quality.  Jack Lemmon is class in it.

175380[/snapback]

It's on me list like. Saw part of it ages ago. Jack Lemmon is always class.

Talking of plays, have you all seen Glengarry Glen Ross?  Originally a play, but the movie is quality.  Jack Lemmon is class in it.

175380[/snapback]

I don't think I've ever heard anyone say a bad word about it. I loved it, long time since I saw it, would like to see it again.

175380[/snapback]

I don't think I've ever heard anyone say a bad word about it. I loved it, long time since I saw it, would like to see it again.

175384[/snapback]

I saw it a canny few years back and then it was on Sky about 6 months ago so I watched it again. Class.

I Robot is the best thing that Will Smith's done for my money. I went so far as to buy the dvd after seeing it at the pictures.

As other have said it's a popcorn flick but a good one.

Glengarry Glen Ross is an amazing film. Lemmon, Pacino, Baldwin & Harris are all superb in the big speach roles and Alan Arkin is just fantastic in quieter part.

175380[/snapback]

175384[/snapback]

I tell a lie, Rob Blackwelder of SplicedWire.com was not impressed. :D

http://splicedwire.com/95andbefore/glengarry.html