Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

4 hours ago, The Fish said:

Hide contents

I'd say you need to watch Dr Strange to 'get' the time stone, the last Thor to 'get' the shift from the early Thor to this new, better version

I mean you could ask someone to summarise the last 18(?) films that lead up to this film, but watching them all is more fun and not at all geeky.

Was that Thor bit worthy of a spoiler?  I don't think you need to have seen the last Thor at all but it's worth watching as it's one of the better Marvel films anyway.

My mate hadn't watched the Dr Strange film and aside from him not having a clue who Wong was, I don't think it hampered him at all.  Personally I think anyone's life would be better for not watching Avengers 2, Spiderman Homecoming and Civil War.  

3 hours ago, David Kelly said:

Was that Thor bit worthy of a spoiler?  I don't think you need to have seen the last Thor at all but it's worth watching as it's one of the better Marvel films anyway.

My mate hadn't watched the Dr Strange film and aside from him not having a clue who Wong was, I don't think it hampered him at all.  Personally I think anyone's life would be better for not watching Avengers 2, Spiderman Homecoming and Civil War.  

Better safe than sorry, Spoily Spoilerson.

I enjoyed Civil War, a lot. Despite it's Hulk sized plot holes. Homecoming was very good too, mostly because, like Loki and Thanos, Toomes is an antagonist with some depth to him. Not a lot I can say to defend Ultron though. It could have been much better had Spader had more development.

Have Stark and Banner create an AI protector that slowly decides that the only way to save mankind from itself is to enslave it, and rather than thousands of Ultron drones, turn ordinary connected machines. Or Starks spare suits against the heroes, perhaps with Rhodes and Stark still inside them? Sort of "I, Robot" meets "Maximum Overdrive" 

:lol: But throughout the movie see Ultron wrestling with the decision, because in the seconds between him becoming self aware and attacking the heroes there isn't enough reason for him to become a pantomime villain. Even have Loki, Hydra or the Twins tinkering with the nascent programming? I dunno, it's not a great movie.

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Better safe than sorry, Spoily Spoilerson.

I enjoyed Civil War, a lot. Despite it's Hulk sized plot holes. Homecoming was very good too, mostly because, like Loki and Thanos, Toomes is an antagonist with some depth to him. Not a lot I can say to defend Ultron though. It could have been much better had Spader had more development.

Hide contents

Have Stark and Banner create an AI protector that slowly decides that the only way to save mankind from itself is to enslave it, and rather than thousands of Ultron drones, turn ordinary connected machines. Or Starks spare suits against the heroes, perhaps with Rhodes and Stark still inside them? Sort of "I, Robot" meets "Maximum Overdrive" 

:lol: But throughout the movie see Ultron wrestling with the decision, because in the seconds between him becoming self aware and attacking the heroes there isn't enough reason for him to become a pantomime villain. Even have Loki, Hydra or the Twins tinkering with the nascent programming? I dunno, it's not a great movie.

I was bored out of my mind throughout Civil War.  The plot holes didn't come into it for me because it didn't engage me at all apart from Spiderman.  Which made it strange that Homecoming also didn't engage me in the slightest.  The stream I was watching of it cut out half way through and I've never bothered going back to it.  Ultron I really can't remember what happened now but I know it was wank.

On 5/4/2018 at 15:26, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Probably not going to bother. I assume The Avengers have the wit, courage and heroism to win in the end

Setting my geekness aside, it's a cracking blockbuster with humour and immense action scenes. If predictability is a turnoff for you, I'd swear off blockbusters entirely :lol: 

On 5/4/2018 at 16:11, David Kelly said:

I was bored out of my mind throughout Civil War.  The plot holes didn't come into it for me because it didn't engage me at all apart from Spiderman.  Which made it strange that Homecoming also didn't engage me in the slightest.  The stream I was watching of it cut out half way through and I've never bothered going back to it.  Ultron I really can't remember what happened now but I know it was wank.

Do you think it's Spider Man fatigue? Maguire, Garfield and now Holland have 6 and a bit movies between them. I enjoyed Homecoming, but it felt aimed at a younger audience, younger even than the rest of the Marvel films.

16 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Can we have a separate thread for the 40 year old virgins to discuss comic book films. It's ruined this one 

I apologise, Pinball Wizard, perhaps you can talk about some of the movies you've recently watched that aren't comic book movies? And then, if people give a shiny rats ass about the things you want to talk about, maybe they'll reply? If not, take a hint. :dunno:

;)

15 hours ago, adios said:

I thought Dave was just using creative language but apparently this is a real term? :lol:  

FONMtRS.png

Honestly was just being creative. I get why, if you've recently watched the origin tale of two iterations of the same character, plus 2 underwhelming sequels, why you'd not be bothered about Homecoming.

In all honesty I probably spend more time tarting them up and selling them on than I do playing them.

That's partly due to me getting hardly any down time without the bairn. I'm either at work 8am-9pm or the wife is. If I try to have 10mins in the garage it usually ends up with my daughter wielding a Stanley knife or trying to drink paint.

But they never lose money and theres about £2k sitting in them if I ever need money in an emergency 

Jokes aside, Disney has destroyed super hero movies for me. I quite liked the old Spider-Man and batman films but the endless churn of marvel movies is tedious. I fear they’ll do the same to the Star Wars franchise. 

27 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Jokes aside, Disney has destroyed super hero movies for me. I quite liked the old Spider-Man and batman films but the endless churn of marvel movies is tedious. I fear they’ll do the same to the Star Wars franchise. 

:lol: 

Give over man, a good film is a good film. It doesn't matter the genre. If Nolan releases a new trilogy of critically and commercially successful Aquaman movies you'd enjoy them fine. You could go to the cinema every week and watch a non-Marvel movie if you wanted, so if you're watching all of them and complaining about it, you're a putz. 

I don't really understand the complaints about the number of Superhero movies coming out, when there's still variety at the cinema and when TV is outstanding. You have an array of options to choose from, Disney's conveyor belt of superheroes isn't preventing you from watching whatever you want. I think modern chart music is terrible, so I listen to Radio 6Music instead.

The good news is that Marvel are trying to vary the style and tone of their movies so it mitigates the saturation for poor lost souls like you. Ragnarok was excellent, as was Black Panther and the two were very, very different styles of movie. Ant Man 2 looks like another heist movie. New Mutants looks like a light-horror. These aren't simply Origin movie clones.

fwiw Disney's take on the Star Wars franchise have, thus far, been a success imo and much, much better than the previous trilogy. 

Fanboys can see the nuances between the films. Normal people understandably just find them all by the numbers, formulaic,  CGI filled superhero films.

And to say it doesn't impact on cinemas is bollocks. I had a rare chance to go to the cinema on Saturday and couldn't because 75% of screens/showings were taken up by Avengers starting every 45mins. Every other film was on late afternoon 

59 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

. If I try to have 10mins in the garage it usually ends up with my daughter wielding a Stanley knife or trying to drink paint.

:D

Aren’t toddlers wonderful? 

50 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Too late.