Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Alien covenant - I read Scott wanted to tell the story of the engineers - fuck knows why they decided to do a bad cover of the shit bits in all of the previous films. 

The Dark Tower - might have worked as a pilot for a TV series. As a "major" film it failed badly. 

Went to see the new Avengers film last night.  After the last Avengers and the last Captain America (not to mention Dr Strange, Black Panther and Spiderman) I wasn't really expecting too much but I was very pleased to find out that I really enjoyed it.  Right from the start there seemed to be a real threat that major characters would probably be killed off (even if you still imagine that there would be a fair chance they'd come back in some form in the future given that it's a Marvel film and you regularly see that happening in comics and lets face it, they are a cash cow for them) that made for much more interesting action scenes.  They also managed to bring the comedic elements from the last Thor film and the Guardian's films which I think is where Marvel films usually fail or succeed.

Haven't seen it yet, but as soon as I saw David "Spoiler" Kelly had posted about it, I quickly scrolled down.

Really looking forward to this.

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

Haven't seen it yet, but as soon as I saw David "Spoiler" Kelly had posted about it, I quickly scrolled down.

Really looking forward to this.

I've not said anything about what happens in it, just what I felt could happen right from the the start of it.

41 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

I've not said anything about what happens in it, just what I felt could happen right from the the start of it.

Sure, but you've got form, so I figured better safe than sorry.

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

Sure, but you've got form, so I figured better safe than sorry.

Don't believe Gemmils hype.  I'm amazed you've not seen it already tbh.  It was really only because there's fuck all else on at the moment that we went to see it.  My mate hadn't seen the second Avengers or Dr Strange so there was a few people he had no idea who they were.  He still managed to enjoy it though.

On 5/1/2018 at 17:34, David Kelly said:

Don't believe Gemmils hype.  I'm amazed you've not seen it already tbh.  It was really only because there's fuck all else on at the moment that we went to see it.  My mate hadn't seen the second Avengers or Dr Strange so there was a few people he had no idea who they were.  He still managed to enjoy it though.

It's mint.

Best Marvel movie since the the first Avengers imo.

1 hour ago, David Kelly said:

Dunno if I'd have it better than Guardians but I certainly enjoyed it more than most.

Action scenes were better imo and the film had more... heart? 

The heroes that died after the click will surely return, especially as there are already sequels involving them slated for later releases, but when those that died before the click should be gone for good. But even those that turned to dust, their "deaths" had weight, especially Spider Man's. What did you think of the pacing and scope of it? Thought they did well to keep the threads ticking along and keep them connected.

I hope Vision and Gamora are permanently dead. Even if we see the latter but she can't come back without screwing up the heroes (Dr Strange's plan). Thanos was a good villain because he had more character to him than so man of the bad guys. Take away that "humanity" from him by nullifying his difficult decision and he's just another monster. 

So many great moments in that film; Loki's death, Stark getting stabbed, Red Skull's appearance, Thor's battlefield arrival, Hulk's reluctance,  and so on. Good dialogue between the heroes and having a good quality antagonist was vital imo. Top blockbuster fare :good: 

Edited by The Fish

5 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Before I decide to watch this in 6 months time, do I have to have seen the other 1500 tie-in movies beforehand AND how much of the script is made up of "witty" one-liners and wise cracks? Anything more than 10% and it's a no from me.

Don’t need to have seen all of them at all. Having seen the last captain America will certainly help but since it’s turgid I’d advise against it. Same with the previous avengers.  You can probably get away without seeing dr strange, black panther, the second guardians, Spider-Man and the last Thor (although I thoroughly enjoyed Thor and guardians). 

Quite a bit of the one liners but there’s plenty of them that come from the guardians and Thor and as such are fine imo. 

7 hours ago, Ant said:

Hide contents

The "dust" kills will be back as they're in the soulstone, along with vision (thanks to b.panthers sister copying his schematics and hank pimm who has designed the white/grey coloured vision body) along with probably gamorra who looked like she was in the soulstone with that segment with thanos seeing her as a child again.

Loki/Haimdal and those deaths are permanent 

Agreed. I’ve had too much to drink to work the spoilers thing so I’ll not elaborate. 

I agree with Fish that Thanos is a good bad guy. Don’t think it had more heart than the first guardians. Second maybe. 

8 hours ago, David Kelly said:

Don’t need to have seen all of them at all. Having seen the last captain America will certainly help but since it’s turgid I’d advise against it. Same with the previous avengers.  You can probably get away without seeing dr strange, black panther, the second guardians, Spider-Man and the last Thor (although I thoroughly enjoyed Thor and guardians). 

Quite a bit of the one liners but there’s plenty of them that come from the guardians and Thor and as such are fine imo. 

I'd say you need to watch Dr Strange to 'get' the time stone, the last Thor to 'get' the shift from the early Thor to this new, better version

I mean you could ask someone to summarise the last 18(?) films that lead up to this film, but watching them all is more fun and not at all geeky.