Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

2 hours ago, Park Life said:

The new Spiderman is tosh of the highest order. I haven't seen it mind.

:lol:

Looks like they've tried to teen it.

Tried to teen the story about a teenager in high school, a story that is essentially about puberty?

Top Parkying Parky :good:

3 hours ago, David Kelly said:

If the best bits are in the trailer I'll give it a miss.  The trailer is fucking awful.  Shame as I really liked the first two spiderman films.  The last two were pretty wank particularly the venom one.

Neither of the last two had Venom in it. Last two were Andrew Garfield, who was ok as a wise cracking Spidey, but way too confident and frankly good looking to be Peter Parker. His Spider Man fought Rhys Ifans' Lizard first, then Jamie Fox's Electro and Dan DeHaan's Green Goblin in the 2nd movie. Oh and Paul Giamatti's Rhino for the last 30 seconds of the movie.

They were more campy, more crash-bang-whallop, but Tobey Maguire's were decent for the time, when they were still eschewing any links to a broader "universe" and as such needn't try to be as semi-grounded as, say, Iron Man. I know that sounds daft with things like Thor and Dr Strange kicking about, but the Sony Spider Man movies have their own internal science and logic, the latest one has to abide by the MCU science and logic. So, no organic webshooters for example. A lot of the tech this Spider Man uses is Stark tech, the bad guy is using alien tech from the Avenger Assemble movie. Ruffalo's Banner is a famous scientist in this world.

Sony just need to give up any and all control of future Spider Man movie promotion. They don't seem to know how to tease without revealing. If Marvel trailers are a burlesque show, Sony is just a flasher.

Tobey's 2nd was probably the best Spider Man movie, mostly because he had 1 villain to fight and that villain was done well.

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Neither of the last two had Venom in it. Last two were Andrew Garfield, who was ok as a wise cracking Spidey, but way too confident and frankly good looking to be Peter Parker. His Spider Man fought Rhys Ifans' Lizard first, then Jamie Fox's Electro and Dan DeHaan's Green Goblin in the 2nd movie. Oh and Paul Giamatti's Rhino for the last 30 seconds of the movie.

They were more campy, more crash-bang-whallop, but Tobey Maguire's were decent for the time, when they were still eschewing any links to a broader "universe" and as such needn't try to be as semi-grounded as, say, Iron Man. I know that sounds daft with things like Thor and Dr Strange kicking about, but the Sony Spider Man movies have their own internal science and logic, the latest one has to abide by the MCU science and logic. So, no organic webshooters for example. A lot of the tech this Spider Man uses is Stark tech, the bad guy is using alien tech from the Avenger Assemble movie. Ruffalo's Banner is a famous scientist in this world.

Sony just need to give up any and all control of future Spider Man movie promotion. They don't seem to know how to tease without revealing. If Marvel trailers are a burlesque show, Sony is just a flasher.

Tobey's 2nd was probably the best Spider Man movie, mostly because he had 1 villain to fight and that villain was done well.

I'd completely erased the turd that was the second Garfield film from my mind.  It takes some doing to be worse than the Venom one but that was in Batman and Robin territory.

Thought you were talking about a sequel to Garfield the Movie there for a second. I don't even want to think about how bad that would be :lol:

8 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

I'd completely erased the turd that was the second Garfield film from my mind.  It takes some doing to be worse than the Venom one but that was in Batman and Robin territory.

Aye, and Fox's "acting" and fucking terrible quips were on a par with Schwarzenegger's in Batman Forever.

22 minutes ago, Alex said:

Thought you were talking about a sequel to Garfield the Movie there for a second. I don't even want to think about how bad that would be :lol:

12 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

Im getting very bored with the Superhero stuff now. I have zero interest in the new spider-man movie.

12 hours ago, David Kelly said:

Snap.  I do enjoy good comic book stuff but there's a definitely overkill now and so much of it is poor.

That's three of us. They need to give it a rest tbh. I mean, don't get me wrong, I don't actually watch them, it's more the long winded posts by 'Kermode' Fish in this thread that needs calming down a bit where superhero films are concerned. ;)

6 minutes ago, adios said:

I'm sure if you've got (brain-dead) kids they're perfectly fine.

Think my youngest daughter wouldn't be arsed anymore, the eldest would give you a Medusa stare if you even suggested it. 

10 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

That's three of us. They need to give it a rest tbh. I mean, don't get me wrong, I don't actually watch them, it's more the long winded posts by 'Kermode' Fish in this thread that needs calming down a bit where superhero films are concerned. ;)

You could always just not read them. It's dead easy, I don't read most of the politics thread. I don't read the guitar thread. And I'll not read your bitchy shite either 

;)

43 minutes ago, The Fish said:

You could always just not read them. It's dead easy, I don't read most of the politics thread. I don't read the guitar thread. And I'll not read your bitchy shite either 

;)

Only if we have a separate superhero thread. Or maybe go the whole hot and create a kids forum?

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Only if we have a separate superhero thread. Or maybe go the whole hot and create a kids forum?

This is the movie thread, I talk about movies. If people don't want to read my posts they can stop whining and just skim over it like a grown up?

Honestly, you lot aren't happy unless you're complaining about something :lol:

4 hours ago, The Fish said:

;)

I'm pulling your plonker, man. :lol:

It's good you've got a hobby/interest. 

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

Honestly, you lot aren't happy unless you're complaining about something :lol:

I can only speak for myself, but I love to wind you up about this stuff because...well because it's what I do. ;)

There's nothing behind it; some of my best friends are nerds.

XOXO

Water off a fish's back to be honest. :friends:

Mostly I just type out the big posts because I want to have an opinion and until I write it out I've no idea what it will be ;) 

Edited by The Fish

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Water off a fish's back to be honest. :friends:

Mostly I just type out the big posts because I want to have an opinion and until I write it out I've no idea what it will be ;) 

And when you've typed it we still have no idea what it is.

• Like 1

Just now, David Kelly said:

And when you've typed it we still have no idea what it is.

I think it boils down to "I like comic book movies and you're wrong for not liking them".