Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Whose job was it in the 2000's to regulate the banks so that mortgages could not be sold to people without income?

You do know we're talking about US subprime mortgages, right? Are you honestly saying that was Labour's fault?

I haven't said that in any of these posts.

BUT

YOU are still bottling The Awkward Truth. Answer the question ;)

Ah mate, you're too funny. You really shouldn't argue about subjects you have no grasp on.

You do know we're talking about US subprime mortgages, right? Are you honestly saying that was Labour's fault?

Of course it was Labour's fault they failed to regulate the US housing market, don't you know that? :lol:

Even by CT's standards he's being unintentionally hilarious. Really think admin should think about a name change at this point. :D

Labour could have regulated the banks better. The Tories were in agreement, if I recall correctly, with Labour strategy. So that's the whole UK government at fault there, not just Labour.

And as everyone has said, the whole fucking thing started in the US.

But look, we've argued this before. I know we have because this argument is central to my 'New Labour abandoned us when they agreed with the Tory rhetoric that CT is now spouting' complaint.

It's ok, run along chicken little, Rayvins admitted guilt on your behalf.

Rayvin admitted guilt on my behalf - what does that even mean? :lol:

CT, you alluded that the Labour government was somehow responsible for regulating the sale of US subprime mortgages that sparked off the crisis, you massive moron.

Rayvin supported the point I already made about the era of light touch regulation. This created the environment that allowed the banks to miss-sell the mortgage backed securities that were full of these junk mortgages that exacerbated the problem. do you deny that Thatcher and Regan created this environment? Blair kept it going but to suggest Labour was somehow the architect of the global financial crisis is clearly nonsense.

Edited by Dr Gloom

Rayvin admitted guilt on my behalf - what does that even mean? [emoji38]

CT, you alluded that the Labour government was somehow responsible for regulating the sale of US subprime mortgages that sparked off the crisis, you massive moron.

Rayvin supported the point I already made about the era of light touch regulation. This created the environment that allowed the banks to miss-sell the mortgage backed securities that were full of these junk mortgages that exacerbated the problem. do you deny that Thatcher and Regan created this environment? Blair kept it going but to suggest Labour was somehow the architect of the global financial crisis is clearly nonsense.

It was also Thatcher that allowed banks to use customer deposits as play money via fractional reserve lending.

Get this real-life shit out of my Nerd-fest thread.

Magnificent 7 is not Magnificent, but it's all right popcorn fare.

Dr Strange is coming out soon and looks trippy as fuck. :good:

Sure they didn't realise how big the crash would be, 

Just encapsulates everything everyone says about you. One of the stupidest things you've ever said and that's saying something.

I see you go on to argue that everyone knew there would be a crash. 

I actually was thinking about you today when discussing the distance between perception and reality and how much it is possible to shift that perception. What i didnt say was 'when you're dealing with idiots'. 

Just encapsulates everything everyone says about you. One of the stupidest things you've ever said and that's saying something.

I see you go on to argue that everyone knew there would be a crash.

I actually was thinking about you today when discussing the distance between perception and reality and how much it is possible to shift that perception. What i didnt say was 'when you're dealing with idiots'.

:lol: This has made my day :)

You, in some fancy boardroom in a city skyskraper, 5 minutes saved with your fancy coffee machine only to waste it trying to figure out my perception of reality :lol: