Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Watched the moving picture shows Warcraft and Neighbours over the past couple of nights.

That Warcraft show wasn't as bad as I expected, I never played the games or anything mind so I've no idea if they completely fucked all that up, the love story aspect was pretty ham fistedly done. Overall it was watchable 5.5/10.

Neighbours was pretty meh tbh, I'm assuming Rogan wrote this as it has his awkward comedic timing throughout, numerous times in the movie were basically the same thing where two characters would just say puns to each other back and forth for an uncomfortable length of time. Mini James Franco was okay in it and McLovin was ok as a bit part character. It was a pretty typical role for Rogan so if you like him you'd probably like this more than I did. 4/10

Edited by Howay

Martyrs (2008) - hardcore I thought, but had a great story and developed really well. Spookiest ending I've seen in a while too.

That's a fucking film and a half. Not one for the faint-hearted like. Give Inside a go.

Someone I know worked on that film (something to do with the cameras).  I'd read it was shit though so I've not bothered seeing it.  Didn't think much of the first one tbh.

It's poorly shot, badly edited and abysmally written. The actors could barely deliver the lines without bursting out laughing...

It's poorly shot, badly edited and abysmally written. The actors could barely deliver the lines without bursting out laughing...

Pretty much what I thought.  I'll let the lad know when I see him.

I think I'm going to see Brotherhood tonight so I thought I'd better try and watch at least one of the previous films.  Seemed sensible to start at the beginning so I opted for Kidulthood.  After struggling with the awful accents at the start, I enjoyed it.  The use of Stay Positive probably won me over.  It's frightening for me that my daughter is only three or four years younger than the kids in it are supposed to be though. 

It's been yonks since I've seen them but from what I remember Kidulthood wasn't too bad if you can get past their fucking ridiculous accents "you get me blud". Adulthood was cringy as fuck from what I remember mind, so bad that whenever I think of it I thought I remembered Danny Dyer being in it :lol: I don't think he actually is though but I could see him striding down the street like he's shit his pants to come meet up with them.

I'd never heard of Brotherhood, I assume it's the next in the line of those films. As I say the second one was pretty shit so I don't expect a third to be any less cringeworthy. 

I've not seen election year but didn't mind the first Purge film, thought the second one was faaackin bobbins though.

Just had a look at that Brotherhood trailer, fucking Stormzy is in it :lol: the bloke is a complete fucking joke, I almost keeled over when I saw him 'announce' Pogba to Man Utd let alone him being in a fucking film. What's going on with that horrific rap song over the trailer in all "trust me, trust me, trust me" over and over again.

Edited by Howay

Have you seen the trailer DK? Dios mio!

Would agree on the Purge. I just quite like the concept and they keep them relatively short, so I can get away with them. Although 3 was a bit long tbf.

Edited by Gemmill

Have you seen the trailer DK? Dios mio!

Would agree on the Purge. I just quite like the concept and they keep them relatively short, so I can get away with them. Although 3 was a bit long tbf.

Agree wholeheartedly on the Purge.  The premise is great but they've yet to make a good film with it.  Easy watching though.

Nah not seen the trailer.  I'd never considered going to see it (or watching the first two and ting) but I had no plans tonight and my mate fancies it.  He has odd tastes in films though.  He loves quality films like Lebowski but he's happy enough watching Step Up To The Streets too.