Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Unable to escape their Blyth roots, they'll be shooting up in the Boys Brigade bogs from the age of 7. Offering to play the other boys' bugles in exchange for drug money.

Still a more optimistic future than with the Catholic church.

That's true, I prefer their odds. If the Pope says one in 50 priests is a fiddler, you know the reality is probably one in 25 at best. 6% according to the stat in Spotlight. *dramatic pause* I DON'T LIKE THOSE ODDS.

That's true, I prefer their odds. If the Pope says one in 50 priests is a fiddler, you know the reality is probably one in 25 at best. 6% according to the stat in Spotlight. *dramatic pause* I DON'T LIKE THOSE ODDS.

Spoiler! ;)

Having not seen the film, is it historical or current abuse we're talking about? And if the former, was it restricted to the Catholic Church.

Honestly, going to secondary school in the 80s I assumed all state schools were packed to the rafters with perverts or psychopaths, but this was the teachers, not the priests. Nuns on the other hand.....

Spoiler! ;)

Having not seen the film, is it historical or current abuse we're talking about? And if the former, was it restricted to the Catholic Church.

Honestly, going to secondary school in the 80s I assumed all state schools were packed to the rafters with perverts or psychopaths, but this was the teachers, not the priests. Nuns on the other hand.....

It's the case from Boston that all came to light in the early 2000s. So the abuse was prior to that, stretching back through the years from around the 70s.

It's the case from Boston that all came to light in the early 2000s. So the abuse was prior to that, stretching back through the years from around the 70s.

For fucks sake there's people not watched it yet. I am thoroughly disgusted in you!

What the fuck are you using that's sub 3G? Dial Up?!

I dunno. 4g phone but I work in a bunker so get all sorts intermittently. G, H, E, 3G, 4G (occasionally). Pain in the arse (back on topic).

Only because they'll be doing research for their doctorate/doing a Johnny Cash-esque tour of Prisons to promote their new album.

Hashtag pushy parent

Vicarious parent tbh

The Survivalist. I wasn't paying attention during the opening titles so I'm not sure if they explained what has happened to the planet that has led to the situation where food is very scarce and society has broken down. But the story is of a bloke who lives by himself in the woods trying grow, forage and keep a hold of what food he has. Until a mother and daughter find him and move in. If you're a lover of talky films this might not be for you but I thought it was a really interesting little film all the same, with good performances from the three main actors.

10 Cloverfield Lane

Loved it !! not really a sequel, just another film in a similar vein as the first.

Aye, it should be illegal to have a school where admissions are prioritised based on someone's religion.

Aye, tell me about it. When I was ten, I applied for the West end all Muslim school. Apparently it was between my Protestant self, Asif, Mohammed and Rashif who would be miss out. I thought Asif would be nailed on to miss the cut so imagine my surprise when they left me out!