Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

the amy winehouse doc.

i couldn't help but feel really sorry for her. the film exposed a deeply troubled girl that was clearly crying out for help, but who surrounded herself by people who wanted to milk her for all the money they could - including her repulsive old man.

i was a casual fan of the back to black album, but watching this made you realise how good a lyricist she was and how much potential she had. plus it shows how she was on the verge of forming a supergroup with questove out of the roots before she died.

v sad story but a great doc. much better than the kurt cobain thing, i thought. 8/10

the amy winehouse doc.

i couldn't help but feel really sorry for her. the film exposed a deeply troubled girl that was clearly crying out for help, but who surrounded herself by people who wanted to milk her for all the money they could - including her repulsive old man.

i was a casual fan of the back to black album, but watching this made you realise how good a lyricist she was and how much potential she had. plus it shows how she was on the verge of forming a supergroup with questove out of the roots before she died.

v sad story but a great doc. much better than the kurt cobain thing, i thought. 8/10

Aye, her dads a scumbag.

The Revenant. Really enjoyed it. Best looking film I've seen in a while, should definitely get the cinematography Oscar. Much preferred it to Birdman. Probably Leo's turn finally to claim a statue too, though I think he's given better performances over the years. 8/10

The Hunt. Mads Mikkelsen as a kindergarten assistant who gets accused of being Adam Jonhnson's dad in a small town in Denmark. Without forty thousand unwashed to believe him, he finds himself shunned by the community and most of his friends despite their being no evidence against him. Excellent performance from Mikkelsen and a really gripping film from start to finish 8/10.

Edited by David Kelly

Everest.

I enjoyed it, but I think you have to judge it on the story it tells rather than the movie it is.

Very sad.

I understand people wanting to achieve things, but I don't understand anyone putting themselves through that hell.

Because anything worth anything is hard?

Saw Deadpool. Funny. Shame I didn't understand some of the in jokes; the nerds in the theatre did.

Also went to see The Force Awakens again because, Star Wars.

This post is Two Thumbs Fresh!

brent-rambo-o.gif

thumbs-up-pete-o.gif

Everest.

I enjoyed it, but I think you have to judge it on the story it tells rather than the movie it is.

Very sad.

I understand people wanting to achieve things, but I don't understand anyone putting themselves through that hell.

You consider reading a book to be too much of a challenge though ;)