Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Anomalisa

I normally love Charlie Kaufman and as this has been so well received I was really looking forward to it. I expected it to get really weird given the choice to animate it, but aaprt from a dream sequence it's a very straightforward midlife crisis story for a married fella. Underwhelmed but it is canny.

A friend of mine recommended Under The Skin to me recently so I might have a watch of it. The Road is far and away the most depressed I've ever been watching a film!

I watched Under The Skin the other night and apart from SJ ketting her kit off, I thought it was painful.

Fortunately I also watched Rubble Kings, The King Of Kong, Spotlight and The Big Short which were all very good. There are some really pathetic people in the world of competetive video gaming which made King Of Kong a particular joy to watch.

The Revenant.

Not a bad film at all, some scenes stretch the imagination but a good watch. One minus point was having to put subtitles on for the actor who just mumbled all the way through his scenes, (Fitzgerald).

The Revenant.

Not a bad film at all, some scenes stretch the imagination but a good watch. One minus point was having to put subtitles on for the actor who just mumbled all the way through his scenes, (Fitzgerald).

Not unusual fo someone to be unable to understand Tom Hardy's mumbling. I remember once upon a time when he used to be able to speak properly but these days a mumble is all you get.

Alright, Keaton then! Now starring in a cheery film about sex abuse in the Catholic church apparently. Think I'll give that one a miss like.

Aye, I had guessed you weren't on about the bloke from Blake's 7

Alright, Keaton then! Now starring in a cheery film about sex abuse in the Catholic church apparently. Think I'll give that one a miss like.

It's a good film that. They don't go into the any real detail about the abuse so it's not depressing like that. It's more about the people from the paper (I suppose a but more like All The Presidents Men) investigating the cover up. Thought Keaton looked alright in it for a bloke in his mid 60's.