Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Curiosity led me to this list of "recurring sketches" from Hale & Pace's penultimate series in 1997:

• London cabbies
  • Waiter/s with "black pepper"
  • Are you nervous...nervous now?
  • Curly & Nige: (1) In the garage (2) At the D.I.Y shop
  • American sheriff & his deputy
  • Rappers with baggy clothes
  • Yorkshiremen
  • Crime boss & his muscle
  • Two redheads who copy the end of what people say
  • Trainspotters
  • Elderly gentleman who can't swear
  • Meditating man who wishes for things to happen

:lol::jesuswept:

The funniest one for Hale & Pace was when the fat cunt with the moustache, is working as a holiday TV show host in Spain. His patter and drunkeness is legendary.

Throughout the whole film it was bugging me as Crowe's voice reminded me of someone else. A few days later I realised it was David Essex and I've watched it subsequently just waiting for him to burst into "Oh What a Circus" from Evita.

When Valjean I'm foinding, every clahd's got a siwver... loining :boogie:

Terminator Genisys. I thought the idea of changing the timeline was quite interesting but they didn't manage to make the film really work. I never thought the third and forth Terminator films were bad but they just couldn't get anywhere near the first two in terms of quality (probably not that surprising when you look at the journeymen directors that made them) and this one was the same. It was ok but another missed oppertunity.

Saw Man from Uncle last night, canny enough film tbh. Had enough of the old fashioned Bond Campy humour which my lass enjoyed, that Henry Cavill is built like a brick outhouse mind and seemed to be struggling to put his arms at his sides :lol: it has me looking forward to Spectre tbh especially as it was one of the trailers.

Woman in Gold - Quite enjoyed this.

Sixty years after fleeing Vienna, Maria Altmann (Helen Mirren), an elderly Jewish woman, attempts to reclaim family possessions that were seized by the Nazis. Among them is a famous portrait of Maria's beloved Aunt Adele: Gustave Klimt's "Portrait of Adele Bloch-Bauer I." With the help of young lawyer Randy Schoeberg (Ryan Reynolds), Maria embarks upon a lengthy legal battle to recover this painting and several others, but it will not be easy, for Austria considers them national treasures.

Battleship

My favourite bit is when the 70 year old ship pulls a hand brake turn in the sea to avoid a load of missiles

The end was the best. When I was able to get up and leave the theatre and inform wor lass she was never picking the film we were going to see again. Edited by David Kelly

Train wreck. Pretty funny laddish Judd Apatow affair but with a female lead (Amy Schumer). The reverse Judd Apatow, if you will. Formulaic and cheesy in parts but made me laugh out loud a few times.