Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Punisher: War Zone

Ray Stevenson makes a good Frank Castle. Brainless and violent action romp. Worth a watch if you liked Dredd (although it's nowhere near as good).

Earlier film with Thomas Jane is much better mate. Also check out his "Fan-Made" short that managed to get Ron Pearlman involved which came out after Stevenson's

McConaughey is becoming an actor I take comfort in seeing on the credits of a movie, instead of one I actively avoid. Quite the turn around and I'm sure he's delighted to have gained my trust.

I never took much notice in his early work but apparently it was good. Then he went all chick flick/shirt off bollocks. He has definitely either returned to being a very good actor or become one.

Filth.

:lol: Utterly depraved. Its been a long time since i read the book (16 years i guess) so i dont remember much about that but have the impression the film skirted over a lot of the worst bits. McAvoy is quality in it. Could have been better but still a good watch (if you're not offended easily).

He was a much bigger cunt in the book (recently re-read it). The film was a reasonable adaption, but missed the tapeworm entirely (understandably), but also his past which explained his cuntishness (less understandable to omit this imo).

I saw a stage play of Filth once. It was a monologue of one actor playing several dozen characters. Probably the most impressive stage acting I have ever seen.

He was a much bigger cunt in the book (recently re-read it). The film was a reasonable adaption, but missed the tapeworm entirely (understandably), but also his past which explained his cuntishness (less understandable to omit this imo).

I saw a stage play of Filth once. It was a monologue of one actor playing several dozen characters. Probably the most impressive stage acting I have ever seen.

Wasnt Jim Broadbent the tapeworm?...

Well, no, not really imo. In the book the tapeworm was both literal (from a poorly defrosted pie) as well as an effective device that gnawed away at the truth, as well as the pages of the book. Broadbent was completely peripheral in comparison.

Anyone seen Charlie Countryman? He was apparently necking acid the whole time in that, freaked out one of the hobbits from Harry Potter or something.

Got it downloaded to watch at some point.

That was totally panned by more or less everyone. Shia Labeouf is a wanker to be fair.

Took the bold decision to go see American Hustle tonight instead of watching the game - great choice. 9/10.

But honestly can't figure out how much of that is for Amy Adams/Jen Law and the frankly wonderful work by the costume department, really top notch attire.

The Armstrong Lie. Now available online and a good watch. If you've followed the story, read any of the books or anything, there'll not be a lot in this that's a surprise, but it's still a really interesting story. Interesting to hear him talk about it as well.

The Armstrong Lie. Now available online and a good watch. If you've followed the story, read any of the books or anything, there'll not be a lot in this that's a surprise, but it's still a really interesting story. Interesting to hear him talk about it as well.

Apparently filming started before Armstrong was exposed and that informs the approach of the doc. Switched from hagiography to a Oprah style rehabilitation. Not seen it, but the reviews suggest that it's as much a look at how willing Alex Gibney would willingly believe the blatant lies from Armstrong that had been widely scoffed at going back years and approach the film as a glowing tribute to someone clearly off his tits whenever he so much as rode to the shops.

As much as I loved Enron, Taxi To The dark Side and Mea maxima Culpa I've not been in too much of a hurry to watch his Wikileaks doc because the interviews he did to promote it seemed so weighted against Assange & Co. Even the title "We Steal Secrets" describes something a CIA director said, but is used to imply criminality by Wikileaks.

Wonder more about his judgement with every film he does.