Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

The Conversation

Absolutely fantastic. Gene Hackman is incredible in it. Not one to get carried away but The Conversation is one of the best films I've ever seen in my life. Nigh on perfect. 9/10

One of my faves. Was in the Parky all time top 20 for years.

Aye, it's quality. You should try another great Francis Ford Coppola film called "The Godfather"

Personally I prefer the third one, extended version, with the alternative ending where Pacino drops an apple instead of an orange, played backwards, with the theme tune in 2 octaves lower than the mainstream one...

:whistle:

Personally I prefer the third one, extended version, with the alternative ending where Pacino drops an apple instead of an orange, played backwards, with the theme tune in 2 octaves lower than the mainstream one...

:whistle:

:lol: Just taking the piss. I don't watch films because they're all rubbish except for Commando and the ones where lasses get their tits out.

Watched a few recently:

Hobbit Desolation of Smaug, meh was areet agree with others that it's too long and 3 movies aren't necessary for this book. 5/10

Silver Linings Playbook, thought it was class Lawrence's chebs are top notch, the movie was canny in all. 8/10

The Book Thief, canny watch, thoroughly depressing but good. 7/10

Anchorman 2, I love the first one, this one was a laugh in all but not as good. 5/10

Wanting to watch the Wolf of Wall Street but it's a bit of an epic, glad to see you lot seem to be liking it mind.

The Place Beyond The Pines.

Starts off with odd pacing and quite slow, our lass said 'this looks shit' after about 15 mins. Either the audio is deliberately poor to emphasise Gosling's mumbling or it was airplay but i had to keep repeating what everyone was saying for her. You slowly start to get the film and its suddenly an extraordinarily structured intense thriller built on intertwined lives. Not sure what it was about the way action and the story develops in the film but its unusual. Well written, bit contrived at times but great acting from Gosling and Cooper.

The Place Beyond The Pines.

Starts off with odd pacing and quite slow, our lass said 'this looks shit' after about 15 mins. Either the audio is deliberately poor to emphasise Gosling's mumbling or it was airplay but i had to keep repeating what everyone was saying for her. You slowly start to get the film and its suddenly an extraordinarily structured intense thriller built on intertwined lives. Not sure what it was about the way action and the story develops in the film but its unusual. Well written, bit contrived at times but great acting from Gosling and Cooper.

Yeah enjoyed it.

Inside Llewyn Davis

2 and a bit of hours of glum gloom that has all the markings of a Coen brothers film, yet doesn't really deliver.

The songs were good, but not a film I'd recommend.

5/10

I think I liked it a bit meore than you but I pretty much agree with this. Some really funny bits but overall it doesn't really work. Possibly the least enjoyable Coen brothers film for me (although I've never actually manage to sit all the way through Rasing Arizona) and not one that I'll be dying to watch again any time soon.