Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Gravity. Brilliant film (although the bit about her daughter was a bit too sentimental) which makes full use of the 3d technology.

Just finished watching this. Superb film and one of the best action films in years. 10/10

And hasn't she got herself in damn fine shape?

in the middle of watching it atm, it's /ok/.

Definitely one for the cinema rather than the house unless you've some sort of big projector setup

edit > she's also a pretty useless astronaut

I would say you've picked up on two of the main points of the film. It's been specifically made for the 3d cinema experience (I can't imagine I'll ever want to watch it at home) and she's a mission speciallist not really an astronaut. Clooney is the Astronaut there to look after Bullock and the other guy. As such, she ends up doing a pretty amazing job in the most unbelievably difficult circumstances. Her arse looks lush too!

Terminator Salvation

Surprised reading back on here how many people found it decent. I found it really dull. It didn't make me as angry as Kermode....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHhfowh36wA

..but I watched it at the end of last week and I've already forgotten most of it.

Mission To Lars

Annoying journalist woman and her filmmaker brother take their autistic brother to America to meet Lars Ulrich of Metallica, which he has been saying he wants to do for decades.

It got well reviewed for being a heart-warming tale of overcoming adversity, but I just couldn't get over the cynicism that pervaded the whole thing. The professional siblings seemed to be exploiting the brother they rarely see in order to get the story/film that would boost their careers. The tour they chased Ulrich on came to Britain, did many dates here, but they needed a sense of danger/jeopardy/uncertainty to add some drama, so they dragged the poor bloke half way around the world to the West coast of the USA, on flights and road trips in unfamiliar surroundings that clearly made him uncomfortable. There were other small contrivances that nagged, like the sister sleeping in (and being filmed doing so) despite being told repeatedly her brother must have appointments adhered to if he's to keep his mind right. His resulting refusal to leave his home for the flight was equally contrived as they had allowed a full day before their flight was due.

All of that said, none of it leaves a taste sour enough to spoil the inevitable moment when a dream is fulfilled which is a moment worth seeing, no matter how much of a cruel put up job the process has been.