Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Ah, interesting. The theme of hope is explored quite comprehensively through Andy's time in Shawshank, and it's hope again that makes Red skip his parole. I don't think you need to spell it out further by not having them meet. Plus I don't think there's that much ambiguity left once he gets on the bus after reading Andy's letter.

I hope I can make it across the border.

I hope to see my friend and shake his hand.

I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams.

I hope.

....oh look, here I am across the border, isn't the pacific Blue, I'm going to shake my friends hand.

:D

It undermined the entire final monologue.

Agree with happy face , there's loads of movies that ended with a bit of a "but did they make it???" abd it bugs you, but then you get one like shawshank and you CAN'T understand why they DON'T leave the "wrapping it up bit" out

FYP :)

We watched Hansel and Gretel yesterday. Thought it was shit.

You dont like exploding Witches then! I thought it was a canny romp. Very basic plot, Van helsing type of flick.

You dont like exploding Witches then! I thought it was a canny romp. Very basic plot, Van helsing type of flick.

I'd love to see withces explode if they did it with any sort of flair. Film was godawful though.

The moment they saved that wifey early on you knew she was a witch.

The moment the fella got a little short of breath and did the basil exposition about his injections you knew it would cause him bother in the final battle.

The moment where an entire searching party were killed in the woods bar one, who came back to the pub and exploded in front of the townsfolk.....who laughed and said "cool"...gave an indication of how much the makers cared about characters....so as a viewer you don't give a fuck either.

I'm happy to let a film off with that sort of thing if it's funny, but the only funny moment in this was the townfolk copying Monty Pythion and shouting "Buuuuurn her!"

Went and saw world war Z last night, canny watch like. Different to alot of zombie movies as its set while the shit is hitting the fan rather than the bloke waking up after its all went to pot. The zombies themselves are like surging hordes which sets up some pretty cool moments.

Some good cack your pants moments thrown in for good measure. Starts off at a canny pace and never really relents.

Could be like, without giving owt away during the end they mention something about how this is only the beginning. The book was from multiple peoples perspective I think so there could be a trilogy in it like.

Related to that I know I'm a hypocrite as a general principle of mine is that names/titles shouldn't be translated but any one in this country who says World War Zee should be shot and then deported.

Related to that I know I'm a hypocrite as a general principle of mine is that names/titles shouldn't be translated but any one in this country who says World War Zee should be shot and then deported.

:lol: Aye I live in America and most seriously don't know what I'm referring to when I say World war zed, until my wife 'corrects' me. They find it truly earth shaking that we don't say zee, "but when you say the alphabet you say zed?".

And aye Fishy lad I've heard it's no where near the book, which is a shame as (although I've not read the book yet) it seems a canny concept.

tell them you'll say Zee when they start using the letters U & S in words correctly ;)

:lol: I'm still working on getting them to say football rather than soccer, people I talk to often have started referring to it as "your football" so I'm halfway there.

I'd love to see withces explode if they did it with any sort of flair. Film was godawful though.

The moment they saved that wifey early on you knew she was a witch.

The moment the fella got a little short of breath and did the basil exposition about his injections you knew it would cause him bother in the final battle.

The moment where an entire searching party were killed in the woods bar one, who came back to the pub and exploded in front of the townsfolk.....who laughed and said "cool"...gave an indication of how much the makers cared about characters....so as a viewer you don't give a fuck either.

I'm happy to let a film off with that sort of thing if it's funny, but the only funny moment in this was the townfolk copying Monty Pythion and shouting "Buuuuurn her!"

I'm with jawd, thought it was great fun. I think you have to just let go to enjoy this kind of movie. only thing you should have seen coming was how shit you would find it ;)

I hope everyone's seen Shawshank btw. I had it ruined for me by one of those 100 Greatest Film programmes.

I still get pissed off at spoilers for medieval texts

I'm with jawd, thought it was great fun. I think you have to just let go to enjoy this kind of movie. only thing you should have seen coming was how shit you would find it ;)

Yeah thats what I meant when I say it was a good "romp". Its a bit like say Arnie movies, or Die Hards. All in all they're a bit shit so you just need to switch off and enjoy it as "fun" which (witch) is the pot I'd put this in. I also enjoyed Van Helsing and Underworld which Id put in the same.

Anyway, off to see Man of Steel the neet. :)

Yeah thats what I meant when I say it was a good "romp". Its a bit like say Arnie movies, or Die Hards. All in all they're a bit shit so you just need to switch off and enjoy it as "fun" which (witch) is the pot I'd put this in. I also enjoyed Van Helsing and Underworld which Id put in the same.

Anyway, off to see Man of Steel the neet. :)

Don't notice the massive plotholes, poor acting, average fight scenes and complete re-writing of the Superman personality!

It's not anywhere close to the same class as any of the good Arnie films, or Die Hard. Why you would say the likes of Terminator 2 and Die Hard are "a bit shit" is beyond me, they are superb action "romps". You don't switch off in the least because they are highly entertaining characters doing highly entertaining things.

I've not seen Van Helsing, but the underworld comparison is a good one. Shitty characters with little to no motivation whatsoever doing boring things while being unfunny about it.

I can see someone enjoying this who enjoys Once Upon A Time on Channel 5....but that's not a guarantee, that's a poorly acted modernisation of a fairy tale with awful effects and no sense of humour.....but my Mrs has been loving it. Even she was bored shitless by Hansel and Gretel though. Along with Jack The Giant Slayer it's another example of lazy cashing in on a formula shrek started and perfected in it's first film donkeys years ago (pun intended). Adding gore and sweary's makes it no less derivative.

You fucking WHAT? The original Die Hard trilogy is a bona-fide masterpiece that runs the gamut of all conceivable human emotion.

Agreed. Lumping every "popcorn" movie into the same bucket does an awful disservice to those that are well made.