Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

I didn't even understand the significance on the cliffs coming to life and smacking the shit out of each other... there was just no point to it other than for nice special effect purposes. Really stupid and pointless

Were they not the Stone Giants from the book?

Watched Twilight. (I blame the tablets).

What an absolute pile of tosh. Can't believe this created a big hoo ha when it first came out.

Fangs, but no fangs.

3ojb61.jpg

Were they not the Stone Giants from the book?

Yup.

It does my nut in when people's first instinct is to base their rating of it solely on how good Lord of the Rings is.

Jack Reacher - Simply terrible from start to finish.

Not surprised, the books have a wierd kind of processional detail that is difficult to transfer to film and the books are fairly harmless with regards to suspense and plot.

Not surprised, the books have a wierd kind of processional detail that is difficult to transfer to film and the books are fairly harmless with regards to suspense and plot.

More to do with the fact they choose Tom Cruise to play a 6'6, 250lb character imo

is it not meant to be them all starting out and young? i'd assume lack of them obtaining them yet would be the answer

No - they have teleporters but one of the key plot points is that Scotty invents the ability to teleport onto a ship which is in warp mode.

If you're a fan of Sci-fi which I am, you get used to what's known as a CPD - Convenient Plot Device - something which doesn't withstand analysis but helps the story - in this case you could extend Gemmill's point and ask why Kirk rides a motorcycle when he could teleport - the answer is they need to show he was a "rebel" to fit the character.

I would guess they used a shuttle so they could have a journey no matter how short to allow the introduction of Bones.

Thoroughly enjoyed it even with the glaring teleporter plot hole.

Plot hole? :lol: It's a plot device, you nudnik.

Or, tell you what, lets get geeky, there's 4 spots on the Enterprise transporter bay. Now lets assume all the craft have the same number of transporter spots as the flagship. Now, on that one shuttle there were at least 20 crew. There were at least 4 shuttle heading to the Enterprise. Also, those shuttles are needed on the ship. So the choice is either a big queue of knobheads at both teleporter bays, or pack the shuttles you need on the ship, with the people you need on the ship, for the 5 minute journey to the ship.

Suck it fatty, the Geeks will inherit the earth.

Plot hole? :lol: It's a plot device, you nudnik.

Or, tell you what, lets get geeky, there's 4 spots on the Enterprise transporter bay. Now lets assume all the craft have the same number of transporter spots as the flagship. Now, on that one shuttle there were at least 20 crew. There were at least 4 shuttle heading to the Enterprise. Also, those shuttles are needed on the ship. So the choice is either a big queue of knobheads at both teleporter bays, or pack the shuttles you need on the ship, with the people you need on the ship, for the 5 minute journey to the ship.

Suck it fatty, the Geeks will inherit the earth.

6 teleport spots minimum, that's about one minute 40 seconds work to load all 20.

It's like having a remote control and still getting up to tune the TV.

Wouldn't happen.

The Master. Moments of sheer cinematic genius, incredible acting, slightly baffled over what it was actually saying. Something about fraudulent faux spiritual leaders who came to dominate US culture in the 20th century (which is what you'd expect in the context of There Will Be Blood) except it doesn't really say that. There's so much 'other' stuff going on it left me wondering what else I was missing. Great film.