Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

How does Day of the Dead compare to 'Night of' and 'Dawn of', both of which are all-time favs of mine.

Well i purchased the Blu Ray thinking it was the original day of the dead, but it turned out to be the remake with Nick Cannon of all people in it, but it wasn't to bad to be fair. But compared to those i'd Night Of & Dawn Of are better, but if it were to be compared the original Day Of The Dead, i'd say Day Of The Dead is better.

I can never really be accused of being a girly girl but to tell you the truth the French revolution has never done much for me. I first saw Les Miserables on stage when I was a teenager and I was captivated. When I heard they were making a film version I was a bit put out to be honest - how dare they take my favourite, special musical and make it all big and Hollywood. AND Russell Crowe is in it and I can't stand him.

Well, my fears were unfounded. It's simply outstanding. Anne Hathaway's 'I Dreamed a Dream' may well be the most fragile, poignant and desperate few minutes that I've ever seen on screen. Jackman is brilliant as Jean Valjean as he is tormented through his life by his past. I still don't like Crowe but begrudgingly admit that he got better as it went on, although his voice is odd and not anywhere near as strong as a character like Javert needs. I enjoyed the comedic light relief provided by Sasha Baren-Cohen and Helena Bonham-Carter as the Thenardiers but they did get a little bit pantomime near the end.

I've been left emotionally drained :lol: The integrity, the misery, the love, the desperation and the revolutionary spirit leaves you pretty much exhausted but it is truly beautiful.

I can never really be accused of being a girly girl but to tell you the truth the French revolution has never done much for me. I first saw Les Miserables on stage when I was a teenager and I was captivated. When I heard they were making a film version I was a bit put out to be honest - how dare they take my favourite, special musical and make it all big and Hollywood. AND Russell Crowe is in it and I can't stand him.

Well, my fears were unfounded. It's simply outstanding. Anne Hathaway's 'I Dreamed a Dream' may well be the most fragile, poignant and desperate few minutes that I've ever seen on screen. Jackman is brilliant as Jean Valjean as he is tormented through his life by his past. I still don't like Crowe but begrudgingly admit that he got better as it went on, although his voice is odd and not anywhere near as strong as a character like Javert needs. I enjoyed the comedic light relief provided by Sasha Baren-Cohen and Helena Bonham-Carter as the Thenardiers but they did get a little bit pantomime near the end.

I've been left emotionally drained :lol: The integrity, the misery, the love, the desperation and the revolutionary spirit leaves you pretty much exhausted but it is truly beautiful.

Chick flick tbh

Keep planning to go and see Les Mis then him indoors cries off because he's too tired after work. (Bloody commuters with real jobs, what do they know?) I assume it'll still be in the cinemas for weeks and weeks though.

Keep planning to go and see Les Mis then him indoors cries off because he's too tired after work. (Bloody commuters with real jobs, what do they know?) I assume it'll still be in the cinemas for weeks and weeks though.

I would go and watch it with you if I wasn't convinced I would end up murdering everyone in the cinema with my own severed arm

I'm gonna watch Les Mis. Nowt the matter with a bit of a sing song.

Yeah, but you've always been a bit potpourri haven't you?

I'll have to caveat that by saying all Disney/Pixar films are fine to sing along to

Edited by The Fish

Watched les mis last night too. Enjoyed the end of the day song and the Sacha baron coen one but after 90 minutes I was flagging badly. The last hour was an awful slog.

Reminded me what a great film south park the movie was....which I could have watched twice in the same time.

Also reminded me of the worst of Trapped In The Closet....but it had none of that sense of humour.

Looper - thought it was good. they did a good job of getting the younger guy to look like bruce on the scene while he was waiting for the target to appear.

but ridiculous when bruce had half a head of anime style hair. :lol: