Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

The Rum Diaries.

Great stuff, obviously combining the effort and ethos of Withnail & I and Fear & Loathing (Bruce Dickinson, Johnny Depp and Hunter S Thompson.).

If you enjoyed either of these then you'll enjoy this. Some very funny scenes.

Moneyball. I liked it. But apart from having Brad Pitt in it, a film about american sports and statistics must make it the most women-unfriendly film ever. Don't take your lass if she likes chick-flicks.

Sounds like summat I could torture Mrs P with...Nice. :)

She'll be sucked in by the Brad Pitt angle only to be broken by stats and sporting trivia.

Moneyball. I liked it. But apart from having Brad Pitt in it, a film about american sports and statistics must make it the most women-unfriendly film ever. Don't take your lass if she likes chick-flicks.

Sounds like summat I could torture Mrs P with...Nice. :)

She'll be sucked in by the Brad Pitt angle only to be broken by stats and sporting trivia.

Ha! me and Mrs PL are seeing it at ten past two :icon_lol: ......she hates sport of any kind, but she trusts me with choosing films. It helps that Brad Pitt is in it or she wouldnt be going anywhere near it.

Von Trier wins best film in Berlin. He sent the wife to collect after his vow of silence

"I should say from Lars that he has no statement for you. But he did ask that I should wave to you in a kind and gentle way,"

:lol:

Edited by Happy Face

Drive.

Absolutely superb.

Really loved Drive. The other top film doing the rounds is Tyranasour.

Looking forward to that ... though I live in trepidation of what I've heard about the opening scene.

The Thing - wasn't quite as terrible as I expected, but neither was it very good. I LOVE the 1982 film and they've made sure (nearly) everything in this ties up and fits for Carpenter's film to follow it. You do see way too much of the alien though and its predominantly CG which I care very little for. 5.5/10

All That Heaven Allows

50s melodrama classic. Bit too wifey and a bit too dated for me. Even as wifey films go, I far preferred the modern take of Far From Heaven.

Through A Glass Darkly

60's Bergman classic. She's a proper dort. Made 6 years after the one above, it's light years ahead.

Source Code

It's nae Inception, plot holes all over the shop, but it's canny good fun.

Caught up on a few lately, both new ones and old ones I've been meaning to see.

Horrible Bosses - pretty awful. Charlie Day and Colin Farrell were the best parts, especially Farrell. Should've had more of him. It showed promise in the beginning but the final third was dreadful.

Glengarry Glen Ross - Amazing. Incredible acting from an incredible cast. Definitely felt like you were watching a play though, which makes sense, as it was one.

Captain America -I enjoyed it. Total action movie superficial dross, but still entertaining. Some slick fight scenes, and the little nods to Star Wars were appreciated.

Glengarry Glen Ross - Amazing. Incredible acting from an incredible cast. Definitely felt like you were watching a play though, which makes sense, as it was one.

Love that film. The scene in the car with Arkin and (iirc) Harris :lol:

Drive.

Absolutely superb.

Looking forward to that ... though I live in trepidation of what I've heard about the opening scene.

Saw the trailer for Tyranasour... spent the entire time thinking of Peep Show, how on earth am I meant to take it seriously :lol:

Finally got around to watching Moneyball. Just as amazing as I thought it would be, obviously it plays on the story but it's still a great movie based around a brilliant system. I was thinking about whether a similar system would work for a small club promoted to the Premier League, would be interesting to see someone try a take on it.

Drive.

Absolutely superb.

Saw the trailer for Tyranasour... spent the entire time thinking of Peep Show, how on earth am I meant to take it seriously :lol:

Think you will once he starts killing dogs.

Finally got around to watching Moneyball. Just as amazing as I thought it would be, obviously it plays on the story but it's still a great movie based around a brilliant system. I was thinking about whether a similar system would work for a small club promoted to the Premier League, would be interesting to see someone try a take on it.

Its very similar to what Ashley is doing right now actually. He's looking at players who are undervalued, and ignoring those who are overvalued. This is why we're signing young players from France with potential, and not 'proven' talent that will cost more than they're actually worth because of prior achievements and nationality.

Its very similar to what Ashley is doing right now actually. He's looking at players who are undervalued, and ignoring those who are overvalued. This is why we're signing young players from France with potential, and not 'proven' talent that will cost more than they're actually worth because of prior achievements and nationality.

Suggest that the NUFC system isn't quite as methodical and scientific. More luck than judgement.

But Moneyball was great. I really enjoy baseball which helps. But I don't remember seeing a better sports movie?

Suggest that the NUFC system isn't quite as methodical and scientific. More luck than judgement.

But Moneyball was great. I really enjoy baseball which helps. But I don't remember seeing a better sports movie?

Absolutely. But its a similar concept at its core, I think.