Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

5 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Not that it matters in the long run obviously but my initial impression of AS appears to be correct…. Am fuckin wavering this week like….

I suppose given her background and who she is involved with that’s about all she can say to avoid making it a big stink, and fall into possible lawsuits/barrage of questions. Of course it could also be her actual personal opinion, neither reality would surprise me. 

Unfortunately we are owned by cunts, I honestly have a hard time with happy clapper trust fund boy Reuben let alone the fucking Saudis :lol:, but as I’ve said in the past it’s out of my hands, I turn a blind eye to deplorable things elsewhere in my life like where my phone comes from, where the energy that powers everything I consume comes from, so I suppose adding the source of my football entertainment to that list is just a natural progression. Totally understand there are others that may draw the line here and walk away, it’s just how I’m personally squaring the circle.

The FA, PL, UEFA, FIFA, and every other footballing body would crawl through miles of glass to get access to all this blood money, so unfortunately nothing is ever changing no matter how many articles people write about this being some turning point. The same Chelsea fans who were berating our takeover were saying they hope the PiF bin us off to buy Chelsea, the same way Inter Milan fans keep fabricating stories of the PiF taking them over, so I guess if it wasn’t us it would be happening elsewhere so in that sense it might as well be us.

I’m still fairly sure Abramovic putting Chelsea up for sale is all a show anyway, it might work unless Putin follows his invasion of Ukraine up with steaming head first into Moldova “to protect the rights of separatists in Transnistria” or whatever total fucking bollocks he comes out with. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Howay said:

I’m still fairly sure Abramovic putting Chelsea up for sale is all a show anyway, it might work unless Putin follows his invasion of Ukraine up with steaming head first into Moldova “to protect the rights of separatists in Transnistria or whatever total fucking bollocks he comes out with. 

Is that the birthplace of radios?

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 4

14 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Not that it matters in the long run obviously but my initial impression of AS appears to be correct…. Am fuckin wavering this week like….

The Athletic have missed off a crucial footnote from her which does change the dynamic somewhat:

"We're always going to have geopolitical issues. I'm really sad that someone is going to have a football club taken away because of a relationship he may have with someone. I don't think that's particularly fair to be honest. But we do have to hold all of our relationships to account."

• Like 1

Still negotiating with Brighton for him to be let out of his gardening leave.

We're not in a hurry though and keeping things on friendly terms so its taking a bit of time to get done.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

any news on Ashworth?

According to the latest Pod on the Tyne, Brighton see us as a direct rival and are wary of strengthening us when they just don't have to. So we'll have to make some kind of offer they can't refuse for them to let him out of his contract early. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gemmill said:

According to the latest Pod on the Tyne, Brighton see us as a direct rival and are wary of strengthening us when they just don't have to. So we'll have to make some kind of offer they can't refuse for them to let him out of his contract early. 

Bit arrogant of those losers seeing us as rivals. They’ll be kicking rocks in mid table as Eddie’s boys set about the European chasers. 

Isn’t this type of clause fairly hard to enforce? Especially given the scarcity of positions for this type of role and the fact his former employer is basically blanket banning him from any job of that type in the UK (since any roles that they may allow him to take in lower leagues or the SPL would no doubt come with a large pay decrease). Surely that’s seen as an unenforceable clause? Of course that being said we could be trying to be nice to Brighton as Andrew said, but they can fuck right off seeing as they were in the block the Saudis and their sponsorships crew. 

Edited by Howay

I would’ve thought that regardless of being on garden leave, he’ll be working on NUFC business and on the phone all day. They might have somebody checking that he stays in the area but they’re not MI6.

• Like 3

He's still employed by Brighton whilst he's on gardening leave though, isn't he. All he's doing is "working" his contractual notice, so I think it's entirely enforceable. He's probably still doing bits and pieces for them to assist his replacement. 

I think he probably resigned in January and stayed on with Brighton until the end of the window at which point he was placed on garden leave so I assume his notice period began in January.

His notice period could be anything up to 12 months. Whether it is enforceable or not is up to whether it can be deemed reasonable. It could well be an industry standard period of time. It won't be costing Brighton an awful lot just to keep him on garden leave and at the same time an offer of a couple of million is unlikely to convince Brighton to release him from it.

Ashworth could of course just decide to break the contract but that could end up messy if Brighton decide to take him to court.

Basically I've absolutely no idea what's going to happen.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

He's probably still doing bits and pieces for them to assist his replacement. 

Now’s the time for cutting back  perennials,removing all annuals, weeding and mulching.

200w.gif

• Haha 1

Meanwhile our supposedly “not horrible” regime have facilitated over 150K potentially avoidable deaths, we have around 3000 food banks but some foreign lot are despicable by “our standards”, aye ok.

Not so long ago we were all but were doing what Saudi does, we didn’t ban execution of minors until 1908.

Societally Saudi is hundreds of years behind us, it didn’t even exist as we know it, until 1932, it was more like a tribal society as far as I know. Harshest of  environments and therefore harsh people.

To expect such a place to conform to our so called standards of society, in what would be the blink of an eye in historical terms, is preposterous IMO.

They are reforming, but it just won’t be quick, how long did it take us beacons of virtue, to give women the vote?, and they had to fight for it (as an example).

Is it terrible, of course it is, but then again so were workhouses, hanging even kids for petty theft, debtors prisons etc etc etc

We’re comparing chalk and matured cheese.

We hanged this amount of people per year in the 1820’s

AB4507A7-CEB5-4F8D-B23A-9AF06578E97A.jpeg

• Like 2