Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

FORMER Liverpool Head Physio Dave Galley has joined Newcastle United until the end of the season.

Galley, who is one of the most experienced physios in English football, fills a gap left by James Haycock. As TGG reported earlier this week, Haycock has exited St James’ Park after seven months to become Head Physio at Crystal Palace.

“I have joined Newcastle United as a first-team physio working with a fantastic group of medical staff led by (Head of Medical) Paul Catterson and (Head Physio) Derek Wright,” Galley told TGG.

“I have currently joined until the end of the season where i will review the position with the club. It really does feel very exciting to be part of something special.”

Galley was Head Physio at Liverpool from 1999 to 2005 and at Sunderland from 2010 to 2013. For the last two years he has been Head Physio at Plymouth Argyle.

“I leave Plymouth Argyle with a very heavy heart as it is a fantastic club with amazing people on the staff and players,” he added. “I wish them all the very best for the future.”

trainingground.guru/articles

《I can not add links. Something is not working.》

On 10/02/2022 at 18:35, Craig said:

It's the little touches like this that will win the new owners support in spades. My empathetic side says the installation of the Shearer statue on the site of a former public toilet was an unfortunate coincidence. However my cyncical side says it was a deliberate act to disrespect a club legend who dared to question their approach.

Next step for me is get the East Stand renamed 'THE KEEGAN STAND' and rid the leading edge of that god-awful NEWCASTLE UNITED logo up there in the Sports Direct typeface.

image.png.78b8af97d1c91472b2581885db4cb9d8.png

East stand should be the Joe Harvey Stand before anything else. Agree on the SD font tho’

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

East stand should be the Joe Harvey Stand before anything else. Agree on the SD font tho’

There’s a suite and a plaque for Joe Harvey, nowt for Keegan yet. 
( I’m not disagreeing that a stand should be named for Harvey, mind, he is an absolute legend- just, so is Keegan). 

• Like 3

On 13/02/2022 at 12:09, Monkeys Fist said:

There’s a suite and a plaque for Joe Harvey, nowt for Keegan yet. 
( I’m not disagreeing that a stand should be named for Harvey, mind, he is an absolute legend- just, so is Keegan). 

Agree on this. I think there's an argument for both of them. East Stand after Harvey would quite apt given how packed the popular side was during the Fairs Cup run. Gallowgate named after Keegan then given his debut goal was that end. I'd also champion the idea of reinstating 'Shearer's' as well. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Xa9as said:

First signs of the media now accepting there is going to be a new 'United' on the scene? 

Obviously no fucker will ever play for us though, as we're not in London mind...

Cundy is an absolute bull's clem so I couldn't give a fuck what he says. :good:

• Haha 5

From experience, there is no chance of “using” or “incorporating” grade 1 listed buildings in any kind of expansion. 

I would prefer to stay at St James’ but the reality of expansion seems minuscule due to planning constraints.

Construction wise and structurally wise it’s possible but it would be cheaper and easier to build elsewhere.  

• Like 2

Is it possible to move the Leazes terrace buildings (for instance moving or reorientating) in the stadium area, to create sufficient space to rebuild the Leazes, or is that pie in the sky?