Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

Just now, Gemmill said:

I've definitely posted stuff on here which, if someone brought it up with my employer, probably wouldn't go down too great. And I'm not the only one. ;)

That's where I'm coming from with it. 

The lad seems like a total dick, but he doesn't deserve to be looking for a new job cos of a tweet. 

The difference being, we use aliases, and we don’t have anywhere near the exposure of Twitter. 

I agree losing your job over a tweet seems harsh, but I guarantee his contract for that company will have had “social media” clause in it. 

• Like 4

Probably aye. We were invited to volunteer our social media handles at out place. Then invited to follow the company handle to reshare stuff. 

Nope and nope. :lol:

Besides if they really think about it, they don't want me sharing their stuff in between getting banned for calling Nigel Farage a cunt. 

• Haha 5

Interestingly he’s blaming the fans while ending by saying he only took the tweet down as his company asked him to while they investigated it :lol:. So it was possible he was headed for the bin anyway. 

I totally get Gem’s point about posting ropey stuff btw, I think the difference is he’s posting it from a verified account that notes he’s attached to that company so you’re always on for a shit time there tbh. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

FWIW I once called an ex pro cyclist a cunt on twitter and he quoted it and I got dogs abuse :lol: all from the SKy wank bots. It was superb :lol: 

Still, I bet you took it well. :lol:

• Haha 2

Nah.  Older than that.

I was sat in a meeting and my phone was in my pocket on vibrate and it was going mental.  I came out and I had about 150 mentions on Twitter :lol: Fuck me it was mental.  I like to think I learnt a lesson that day.  It's one of the reasons I came off it as I didn't want to be a wanker like that.  When I rejoined Twitter a few weeks back I thought it was ok for a couple of days and then I was bored about seeing shite about Boris, or Covid.  It's just not what I want.  I am on Instagram for and hardly use it.  I have also got a FB accout for the club. It's a ghost account really. No contacts or info or anything.

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Wiggins wasn't it? 

When I first joined the club I am in at a Saturday caf ride I was sat with an old bloke.  He asked if I enjoyed the pro stuff.  We got chatting and he asked what I thought of Wiggins. This was 2012 and I said he was a bit of an idiot.  He looked fuming and I wondered why.  He then said to me 'My neice is married to him!' :lol: fuck me.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

I haven't seen anything from Dan Roan about Sports washing with cycling have you?  Currently the Saudi tour is on.  But not a peep.

Greg  Norman ie Mr Saudi golf.....not a fuckin  dickie bird...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

:lol: pre or post the Tour/Olympic domination. I bet he was sat back waiting for a wave of love, so he could tell you his connection. 

It was just before Paris-Nice. So pre Tour.  

It's ok he agrees he's an idiot now they're divorced :lol: 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

When I first joined the club I am in at a Saturday caf ride I was sat with an old bloke.  He asked if I enjoyed the pro stuff.  We got chatting and he asked what I thought of Wiggins. This was 2012 and I said he was a bit of an idiot.  He looked fuming and I wondered why.  He then said to me 'My neice is married to him!' :lol: fuck me.

Something fairly similar happened with me and one of the neighbours although he wasn't bragging about it regarding the greatest coach in the premier league. I said he's a Knacker or some such phrase and he said he was a mate he'd known for years and a great lad. :lol: He painted a good picture of him so did Ferris in his book so I deferred to his knowledge. 

• Haha 1

:lol: Not to burst everyone’s bubble but sales of shares don’t impact P&L, so won’t be a mechanism for getting round FFP. I’d say it’s a way of getting cash into the club but if that was the case they could just give it to the club, since in either case it wouldn’t change FFP. Honestly not entirely sure what they’re doing here tbh. 

3 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: Not to burst everyone’s bubble but sales of shares don’t impact P&L, so won’t be a mechanism for getting round FFP. I’d say it’s a way of getting cash into the club but if that was the case they could just give it to the club, since in either case it wouldn’t change FFP. Honestly not entirely sure what they’re doing here tbh. 

1096927483_giphy(22).gif.a0398066be0f5a4aa4d404b3d0e203fb.gif

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, Howay said:

Not to burst your bubble but we can safely assume that they know what they're doing and not be concerned that you don't.

• Haha 2