Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Johnny Nick with just about the best take I've read, the smoggy bastard :D

https://www.football365.com/news/newcastle-takeover-latest-turd-water-john-nicholson

I’m just bumping this for anyone that’s missed it. 
Some bits sting, some he’s a bit meh, but 90% of it is on the button. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’m just bumping this for anyone that’s missed it. 
Some bits sting, some he’s a bit meh, but 90% of it is on the button. 

Yeah... I don't think I'd have turned up outside SJP celebrating and he's right to have a bit of a dig at some of our more exuberant lads , though to be fair he's gone above and beyond to actually articulate precisely what in the pre & post war period lead to this and  how most of us feel.... I'm in equal parts fuckin horrified by our new owners coupled with a massive feeling of helplessness. So fuck it, there's nothing that we can fuckin do now...

I started donating to Warchild when the Saudi takeover was first mooted last year...going to change to Unicef, they seem to be a constant presence in Yemen..

https://www.unicef.org.uk/donate/yemen/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwwY-LBhD6ARIsACvT72NG2k81Km42XbV0fDAVS-p1iyyXRTJW4SuSWdscXmj4kUS66eYJpUQaAv0hEALw_wcB

• Like 3

I’ve been surprised how few mackems we’ve seen on here since the takeover was announced. Only toonraider so far. I thought there would be a massive influx doing a Barry Glendenning  

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

I’ve been surprised how few mackems we’ve seen on here since the takeover was announced. Only toonraider so far. I thought there would be a massive influx doing a Barry Glendenning  

Too classy for that, Marra. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

A small sprinkling of obscure moral high ground digs on social media I've seen but most have stayed shtum due to the fact they've sank even further into the depths of a desperate hybrid of depression and inferiority.

46 minutes ago, Tom said:

Didnt @Ant disable new registrations by mistake? :lol: 

Funnily enough I think I actually got in by using the disabled registration form. Must be some kinda tag on all my posts like. No other explanation on why I wasn't hounded out or ritually abused even after confessing I follow a team that wear red and white and go by the SAFC acronym. 

Just reading about Staveley there. Is everybody aware that she's had Huntington's for the last eight years, or there abouts. It takes someone of special character to keep going in the high pressure finance world she's in, and then to even pull off buying the club, especially given how difficult it's been. Hats off to her in any case. Here's me feeling sorry for myself because I have bells palsy, which will likely clear up in matter of weeks. 

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Just reading about Staveley there. Is everybody aware that she's had Huntington's for the last eight years, or there abouts. It takes someone of special character to keep going in the high pressure finance world she's in, and then to even pull off buying the club, especially given how difficult it's been. Hats off to her in any case. Here's me feeling sorry for myself because I have bells palsy, which will likely clear up in matter of weeks. 

Had no idea - agree entirely with what you've said there.

Hope you feel better soon yourself though ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

Had no idea - agree entirely with what you've said there.

Hope you feel better soon yourself though ;)

Thanks 👍 I'm sure I'll be fine, it's just a bit of momentary discomfort that needs to be kept in perspective. 

58 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Thanks 👍 I'm sure I'll be fine, it's just a bit of momentary discomfort that needs to be kept in perspective. 

So, if you go for a pint to cheer yourself up and the barman says

” Why the long face?”

Dont chin him- he’s in the wrong joke. 

😉 

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Don't fucking encourage him! :angry2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

The Newcastle forum hasn’t been this busy since the great “is Viana a defensive midfielder?” debate of 2003

He isn’t btw

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 3