Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

It’s been good that they were quiet because otherwise even more outsiders would have jumped in as well. Now another politician is having his say.

It really needs to be over either way.

3 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

It’s the one day of the year when it’s legal!!!

47B40EA7-F2CD-409D-B480-F762F87CFF31.jpeg

I bet they keep changing the date 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

You would have thought that Saudi Arabia would have been a lot more vocal if they were about to lose this. Qatar have barely shut up for several weeks and we've heard almost nothing from the other side.

They'll be party to a non-disclosure at the moment. Expect to hear a lot from them if this falls through, mostly the sound of Saudi bombs flatted Doha.

13 minutes ago, ewerk said:

They'll be party to a non-disclosure at the moment. Expect to hear a lot from them if this falls through, mostly the sound of Saudi bombs flatted Doha.

It's a fair point but given that they're effectively a totalitarian state, don't you think their media would be screaming and shouting about it? Not that I'd have any clue personally if they were I guess :lol:

My ignorant two penneth

PL will want the money that a ridiculously wealthy owner could pour in. They'll want measures taken to reduce piracy in the MENA region. They'll want a bidding war for that same region.

Qatar will want to exclude KSA from the Premier League and have monopoly on broadcast rights for the MENA region and to get a public 'win' against KSA

KSA will want a PL club to diversify their investments and sportswash their regime

UK government will want to keep their trade partner happy, and have more wealth poured into the country.

Surely KSA can arrest some patsy to show willing, further relax restrictions on BeIN broadcasting in KSA and then bid for broadcast rights that end 2022?

It'd cost them comparatively little money, very little political capital and establish a firm grip on the PL in the MENA region which could be spun as a bigger win than Qatar's?

If the PL give KSA a seat at the table, it makes the piracy problem, their problem. If they exclude them, then won't KSA simply continue to tolerate/support piracy of the Qatari feeds?

Edited by The Fish

42 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

So guys, I have to point out that "KSA" stands for "Kevin S. Assilleekunt" around these parts.

38 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

guys :icon_lol:

MGF's everywhere. :lol:

• Haha 2

It's not happening is it lads ? The longer it drags I'm less convinced. Also Ashley now willing to reimburse the season ticket money makes me think he's trying to keep the paying fans onside. 

Edited by trooper

5 minutes ago, trooper said:

It's not happening is it lads ? The longer it drags I'm less convinced. Also Ashley now willing to reimburse the season ticket money makes me think he's trying to keep the fans onside. 

It's a bit late ashley trying to keep the fans onside, maybe he should have tried that 13 years ago ? 

He's given the money back because it was highlighted on that money saving programme, making him look like a twat. Which he is btw.

16 minutes ago, trooper said:

It's not happening is it lads ? The longer it drags I'm less convinced. Also Ashley now willing to reimburse the season ticket money makes me think he's trying to keep the paying fans onside. 

:lol:
You’re up and down more often than Quiff’s  Eastern European Hooker’s knickers when he’s on a Kamagra binge. 

• Haha 3

Well that's that sorted then. Every courtroom drama movie I've ever seen where the mean lawyer gets the woman to cry, ends up with the woman winning the case.

Seems like there’s some criteria to be met before approval, which they are now fulfilling. Otherwise I don’t see why they’d be doing this. 

• Like 1

On 19/06/2020 at 15:46, Tom said:

I’ve pretty much stopped paying attention. 

At this point I just want it to go through to see Luke Edwards’ reaction 

He described the piracy moves as “encouraging” but the bloke is an absolute doylem it has to be said.

Sasquatch Keys will be worth laughing at if it goes through as well :lol: 

• Haha 3

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official