Dr Gloom 23966 Posted June 17, 2020 Share Posted June 17, 2020 On 17/06/2020 at 10:19, trooper said: I admire your optimism mate but everyone needs a definitive answer now. Expand i wouldn't say i'm being overly optimistic. if we look the evidence out there, it would still be a risky and potentially very expensive move for the PL to block the deal 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dr Gloom 23966 Posted June 17, 2020 Share Posted June 17, 2020 this new bid smells like total bullshit. of course the chronicle is all over it Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Howay 12496 Posted June 17, 2020 Share Posted June 17, 2020 (edited) I’m pretty sure I’d seen somewhere the bloke had been charged with some type of fraudulent business practices as well at some point, in which case he’d fail the O&D test anyway. People on Twitter are saying he’s involved with a company that’s bidding for tv rights for the 2022 World Cup as well. Edited June 17, 2020 by Howay Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
trooper 940 Posted June 17, 2020 Share Posted June 17, 2020 On 17/06/2020 at 11:22, Howay said: I’m pretty sure I’d seen somewhere the bloke had been charged with some type of fraudulent business practices as well at some point, in which case he’d fail the O&D test anyway. People on Twitter are saying he’s somehow involved with a company that’s bidding for tv rights for the 2022 World Cup as well. Expand This from N.O. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Monkeys Fist 45838 Posted June 17, 2020 Share Posted June 17, 2020 On 17/06/2020 at 10:39, Anorthernsoul said: I can smell Keith Bishop. Expand Kinky. 3 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Anorthernsoul 1222 Posted June 17, 2020 Share Posted June 17, 2020 On 17/06/2020 at 11:35, Monkeys Fist said: Kinky. Expand Nearly an hour for someone to quote that, this board is slipping Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alex 37326 Posted June 17, 2020 Share Posted June 17, 2020 On 17/06/2020 at 10:32, ewerk said: Why would anyone watch one deal fall through then offer £50m more than was previously accepted? Expand exactly what I was about to post Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
David Kelly 1346 Posted June 17, 2020 Share Posted June 17, 2020 I assumed it was just Lee Ryder's lack of brain cells when I first read his £350m tweet. I was quite surprised to see Sky go with the same amount. You would have to be seriously backwards to pay more at this stage surely. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Howmanheyman 37187 Posted June 17, 2020 Share Posted June 17, 2020 On 17/06/2020 at 12:06, David Kelly said: I assumed it was just Lee Ryder's lack of brain cells when I first read his £350m tweet. I was quite surprised to see Sky go with the same amount. You would have to be seriously backwards to pay more at this stage surely. Expand It would be a takeover 'Will Grigg' stylee. 3 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
David Kelly 1346 Posted June 17, 2020 Share Posted June 17, 2020 On 17/06/2020 at 12:24, Howmanheyman said: It would be a takeover 'Will Grigg' stylee. Expand Aye maybe this yank has the don and Tony Coton negotiating for him. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Meenzer 16623 Posted June 17, 2020 Share Posted June 17, 2020 With Peter Ridsdale in an advisory capacity. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sonatine 12094 Posted June 17, 2020 Share Posted June 17, 2020 On 17/06/2020 at 12:27, Meenzer said: With Peter Ridsdale in an advisory capacity. Expand "Used fish tank anyone? Only one careful owner." 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
trooper 940 Posted June 17, 2020 Share Posted June 17, 2020 On 17/06/2020 at 10:39, Anorthernsoul said: I can smell Keith Bishop. Expand 5 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ayatollah Hermione 14832 Posted June 17, 2020 Share Posted June 17, 2020 Actually, lads, I think you’ll find a 3 month long saga, involving digital piracy, government intervention, season ticket money leaving supporters in limbo and a complete lack of clarity from anyone is actually run-of-the-mill for takeovers. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
trooper 940 Posted June 17, 2020 Share Posted June 17, 2020 On 17/06/2020 at 12:58, Ayatollah Hermione said: Actually, lads, I think you’ll find a 3 month long saga, involving digital piracy, government intervention, season ticket money leaving supporters in limbo and a complete lack of clarity from anyone is actually run-of-the-mill for takeovers. Expand It is for NUFC Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
NJS 4645 Posted June 17, 2020 Share Posted June 17, 2020 You forgot links to gruesome murders and barbaric human rights abuses. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Monkeys Fist 45838 Posted June 17, 2020 Share Posted June 17, 2020 On 17/06/2020 at 13:38, NJS said: You forgot links to gruesome murders and barbaric human rights abuses. Expand All to sell cheap sportswear.… terrible isn’t it? 3 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Howay 12496 Posted June 17, 2020 Share Posted June 17, 2020 Luke Edwards back on it again this morning. Chastising people for not being keen on an American buyer who is supposedly bidding £50m over the accepted bid, in a bid that would only go through if the lower bid collapses, a man with a net worth of supposedly only twice what he’s bidding, and has been investigated by the FBI for his business practices. Obviously the Saudis come with baggage, but at least we know they have money and their bid didn’t come in at a highly suspect time. It was almost as if his bid was waiting for the outcome of the WTO report, so that if it was more along the lines of what the Qataris wanted to hear his bid wouldn’t have been made. I genuinely hope Luke is trolling because I worry for him if he doesn’t seem to grasp why people would be more worried about a Henry Mauriss type bidder than the PiF, it’s very possible this bloke could be worse for the club than Ashley. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dr Gloom 23966 Posted June 17, 2020 Share Posted June 17, 2020 (edited) On 16/06/2020 at 19:01, wykikitoon said: What does ITK Gloom dog say? Expand just caught up with him. he says a strict interpretation of the rules suggests it could be blocked and there's enough political cover now if the PL decides that's what it wants to do. but it would still spark a massive diplomatic incident, which the uk government doesn't want. and money talks. basically, his message hasn't changed. he still thinks it's going to happen, but that for the first time there's a decent outside chance that it won't. i pressed him about how much longer this could run, but he's in the dark there as much as the rest of us. it's a muted willy wave at this stage - nothing too exuberant. Edited June 17, 2020 by Dr Gloom Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
OTF 8572 Posted June 17, 2020 Share Posted June 17, 2020 Edwards is the CT of hack journalism. The Saudi response to the WTO finding are quite humorous, and tantamount to "We win against those violent savages". "A World Trade Organization (WTO) dispute panel released its report Tuesday ruling against Qatar, and finding that Saudi Arabia’s national security defence was justified under WTO rules. The WTO panel acknowledged that Saudi Arabia “seeks to protect Saudi citizens and the Saudi population, Saudi government institutions, and the territory of Saudi Arabia from the threats of terrorism and extremism” raised by Qatar in the region. The panel also found that Saudi Arabia's comprehensive actions were “taken in time of… other emergency in international relations,” based on extensive evidence presented to the WTO tribunal by Saudi Arabia regarding Qatar's violations of regional agreements and commitments to renounce support for violence and unrest in the region. Saudi Arabia also confirmed to the panel that it provides strong protection of intellectual property rights, including criminal procedures and penalties in cases where credible evidence is available to the Government to support the initiation of proceedings. In addition to accepting Saudi Arabia’s national security defence, the panel rejected Qatar’s remaining claims that Saudi law violated WTO rules, and rejected claims that the Saudi government supported the alleged copyright piracy. Out of six claims by Qatar, the panel’s single finding regarding criminal proceedings was rendered moot in the course of the WTO dispute. Saudi Arabia has a strong record of protecting intellectual property and is committed to applying its national law and procedures in full conformity with WTO rules. The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia will spare no effort to overcome the threats of terrorism and extremism, and Saudi Arabia is pleased that the Panel recognized its sovereign rights in this regard." Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wykikitoon 23351 Posted June 17, 2020 Share Posted June 17, 2020 On 17/06/2020 at 14:24, Dr Gloom said: just caught up with him. he says a strict interpretation of the rules suggests it could be blocked and there's enough political cover now if the PL decides that's what it wants to do. but it would still spark a massive diplomatic incident, which the uk government doesn't want. and money talks. basically, his message hasn't changed. he still thinks it's going to happen, but that for the first time there's a decent outside chance that it won't. i pressed him about how much longer this could run, but he's in the dark there as much as the rest of us. it's a muted willy wave at this stage - nothing too exuberant. Expand Cheers Back to pissing my knickers again then Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dr Gloom 23966 Posted June 17, 2020 Share Posted June 17, 2020 On 17/06/2020 at 14:33, wykikitoon said: Cheers Back to pissing my knickers again then Expand it's a massive story if it goes through, given the controversy surrounding it. still think an even bigger story with an even bigger fallout if it is blocked Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ewerk 33655 Posted June 17, 2020 Share Posted June 17, 2020 (edited) Maybe I'm being overly cynical but it does seem strange that Bein Sports are dead set against this deal with the Saudis and the other interested bid happens to be from a man who runs a television distribution service. I mean, if I were CEO of a television distribution service planning to expand into MENA then I'd certainly like to have Bein Media's content on my platform. Edited June 17, 2020 by ewerk Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wykikitoon 23351 Posted June 17, 2020 Share Posted June 17, 2020 On 17/06/2020 at 14:38, Dr Gloom said: it's a massive story if it goes through, given the controversy surrounding it. still think an even bigger story with an even bigger fallout if it is blocked Expand Fat Ashley should be leaning on the government and getting help 'Well if this doesnt go through, that's several thousand jobs at risk in my stores you see' Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
trooper 940 Posted June 17, 2020 Share Posted June 17, 2020 Is there not supposed to exclusivity between NUFC & the Stavely deal ? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now