Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

6 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Scratch that it was Cannavaro that took the elbow 

Seeing how good Cannavaro was in the flesh almost made that game bearable 

On a side note, I remember watching us v Roma around 00.

Montella, Delvechio and Totti up front for them looked well dangerous. They had a few good Brazlilians  at the back as well.  Cafu, Aldair and I was most impressed with Zago who looked scruffy but was like a brick wall.

Also the Monaco team (96 maybe?).. Henry, Sonny Anderson, Bernabia, John Collins, Barthez,  Petit were a class outfit

Both teams just outclassed us.

Zago’s hard man act seemed to disappear a bit after Big Dunc did the wanker sign to him and basically offered him out on the pitch. Funny that 

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Zago’s hard man act seemed to disappear a bit after Big Dunc did the wanker sign to him and basically offered him out on the pitch. Funny that 

Can't think of anyone who wouldn't drop their guts if Big Dunc squared up at them.

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Can't think of anyone who wouldn't drop their guts if Big Dunc squared up at them.

No but it was nice to see Zago shit himself after acting the thug over the two legs prior to that 

• Like 1

Allegedly that was Big Dunc's tactics against defenders every boxing day match he played. Most thought something had crawled up there and died!

Funnily enough I saw a clip of Ince getting completely manhandled then thrown the ground by Big Dunc in a Dipper Derby. Ince got up and patted him. He'd have been fucking furious if it was anyone else.

Also saw a clip of Dunc slamming Jaap Staam down. Similar result.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alex said:

No but it was nice to see Zago shit himself after acting the thug over the two legs prior to that 

Serie A must have been a proper shithouse league around that time.

10 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

On a side note, I remember watching us v Roma around 00.

Montella, Delvechio and Totti up front for them looked well dangerous. They had a few good Brazlilians  at the back as well.  Cafu, Aldair and I was most impressed with Zago who looked scruffy but was like a brick wall.

Also the Monaco team (96 maybe?).. Henry, Sonny Anderson, Bernabia, John Collins, Barthez,  Petit were a class outfit

Both teams just outclassed us.

Tbf we played well against that Roma team given the side was in disarray after Gullit had been sacked and SBR had just taken over iirc. I think they won 1-0 over the two legs. Good side though and I think they won Serie A the year after that pipping Juve on the final day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Tbf we played well against that Roma team given the side was in disarray after Gullit had been sacked and SBR had just taken over iirc. I think they won 1-0 over the two legs. Good side though and I think they won Serie A the year after that pipping Juve on the final day.

Aye, I think you're right.  it was a long time ago but I remember them being a good team and we couldn't break them down. Lots of Italian shithousing - which was the era of the "Italian teams  know how to defend" rhetoric. 

14 minutes ago, Alex said:

I do love a bit of self-petard hoistage.

Reminds me of the Olympiakos fans giving it the biggun , then we smashed them home and away in 2005.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Aye, I think you're right.  it was a long time ago but I remember them being a good team and we couldn't break them down. Lots of Italian shithousing - which was the era of the "Italian teams  know how to defend" rhetoric. 

The year they won the league had a really good system with 3 at the back iirc. Including Aldair and Zago. Cafu and Candela were the wing backs. The latter could play on either side and was class but couldn’t get a look in for France with Thuram and Lizarazu. Capello played a 3-4-1-2 with Totti in the hole. The final bit of the jigsaw was Batistuta alongside Montella (usually I think) as the former had gone there when Fiorentina got relegated and had massive financial problems 

11 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I do love a bit of self-petard hoistage.

Reminds me of the Olympiakos fans giving it the biggun , then we smashed them home and away in 2005.

I remember when they invaded the board. That was hilarious. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alex said:

The year they won the league had a really good system with 3 at the back iirc. Including Aldair and Zago. Cafu and Candela were the wing backs. The latter could play on either side and was class but couldn’t get a look in for France with Thuram and Lizarazu. Capello played a 3-4-1-2 with Totti in the hole. The final bit of the jigsaw was Batistuta alongside Montella (usually I think) as the former had gone there when Fiorentina got relegated and had massive financial problems 

Ah yes. Batigol . My fav player alongside Boksic from Serie A - when growing up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Every bati's a gol. 

The fuck are you doing? Why are you punning now? What's become of you?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Holden McGroin said:

Ah yes. Batigol . My fav player alongside Boksic from Serie A - when growing up. 

I bought the football Italia magazine just to see if there was adverts to buy a batistuta, as Roma shirt. It was the star trek style, tight as fuck shirt. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I bought the football Italia magazine just to see if there was adverts to buy a batistuta, as Roma shirt. It was the star trek style, tight as fuck shirt. :lol:

Turned out to be an Enterprising move.

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Aye. It was a Kappa one iirc. Same style as Italy wore around that time 

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

I don't categorise that as a pun. It's social commentary. 

rockos modern life nicksplat GIF