Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

33 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

To be fair, the fact that Palmer and Lewis are breaking through into the first team is a good thing. Pep really rates both of them (at least publicly). Who says it's all about the money?

Palmer was a part of the first team squad last season. A local lad that has scored goals at every level including a stunner for England.  I agree he has a stupid haircut and have to concede that he sounds a bit dim too (if i don't admit player A sounds thick then i can't say that player B sounds bright).

Rico is a breakthrough player, he has great feet, trickery and pace plus a healthy dose of determination, but i'm still unsure about him defensively. Last year he won the under 18s league with city and the under 23s as he was promoted mid season.

Believe it or not we have one of the smallest squads in the Premier league (albeit high quality) so we bolster it with youth like these two.

Whenever I have seen Palmer play you can see his quality.  Yesterday I still thought he wasn't bad.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LondonBlue said:

If only that was true. We have Southampton away. Last two rounds of the cup we drew Liverpool and Chelsea. We have Chelsea in the FA Cup. Clearly someone either lost the memo or the stop city by any means fair or foul memo is still in circulation.

I jest mind, i don't really go for conspiracy theories.

Although i do wonder why the press are talking about trouble at the City v Liverpool game like it was both sets of fans rather than about the City spectators in hospital. We threw verbal abuse, they threw a glass bottle that hit a 15 year old girl and plastic bottles filled with stones that left many with head injuries. No clubs fans are saints but look up feral in the dictionary and see what you find. 

Hopefully we stay apart until the final.

"Hopefully we stay apart until the final"........I think I'd prefer you got knocked out you must be sick of winning such a minor trophy 😏let someone else win it for a change

Edited by Rosco
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Turns out Isaac Hayden is a massive Tory who begrudges paying his share of tax

With terrible grammar and spelling.