Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

59 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Fuckin chill out ya cunts it’s Friday :cuppa:

As Fish was out for his pre-elevenses constitutional this morning , he heard what he thought was an angry duck approaching him from behind, and turned around just in time to be assaulted by the stench cloud as Mary-Anne Hobbs fart-stepped her way past him, necking cabbage-flavoured Japanese Kit-Kats. 

Poor lad’s had his day ruined. 

• Haha 3

watched the man utd spurs game yesterday and never heard anything that warrants this....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c70wxx55rzdo

about the closest reference I can find is that there might've been some chanting of rent boy to mason mount when he came on as an ex chelsea player, but does this really warrant a tag of abhorrent behaviour and stadium bans?

where the fuck does it end? 

banned for singing a song with a swear word?

banned for singing the adam johnson song because it's offensive to paedophiles?

banned for singing the sammy lee song because it's offensive to small fat people?

20 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

watched the man utd spurs game yesterday and never heard anything that warrants this....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c70wxx55rzdo

about the closest reference I can find is that there might've been some chanting of rent boy to mason mount when he came on as an ex chelsea player, but does this really warrant a tag of abhorrent behaviour and stadium bans?

where the fuck does it end? 

banned for singing a song with a swear word?

banned for singing the adam johnson song because it's offensive to paedophiles?

banned for singing the sammy lee song because it's offensive to small fat people?

Chanting that players are rent boys wasn't acceptable when it used to happen to Le Saux in the 90s, let alone 2024 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Chanting that players are rent boys wasn't acceptable when it used to happen to Le Saux in the 90s, let alone 2024 

I doubt mason mount gave a flying fuck, assuming he even heard it.

18 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

I doubt mason mount gave a flying fuck, assuming he even heard it.

Who knows. I'm far from a snowflake, but calling someone a rent boy is a thinly veiled dig at their sexuality. And if it doesn't offend him there's a decent chance there's at least one other player on the pitch it will offend.

3 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Who knows. I'm far from a snowflake, but calling someone a rent boy is a thinly veiled dig at their sexuality. And if it doesn't offend him there's a decent chance there's at least one other player on the pitch it will offend.

You call me a rent boy all the time. :(

• Haha 9

6 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Are you saying there was at least one homosexual player in the game yesterday? In fine tradition on the Internet, I suggest we start guessing until this snowballs out of control with wild rumours of vibrating phones up ring-pieces.

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

as far as I'm aware the whole chelsea rent boy thing started off as result of one of their headhunters being in bed with one at the time he was arrested during a police raid on known hooligans.

it's old hat now and probably a bit dull, nor something I've chanted meself but I'm not offended by it. I think it's probably counter productive to draw attention to it by giving a big story on the front page of the bbc's premier league website.

35 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

as far as I'm aware the whole chelsea rent boy thing started off as result of one of their headhunters being in bed with one at the time he was arrested during a police raid on known hooligans.

it's old hat now and probably a bit dull, nor something I've chanted meself but I'm not offended by it. I think it's probably counter productive to draw attention to it by giving a big story on the front page of the bbc's premier league website.

I'm kind of ambivalent here. On the one hand, I don't want the game over sanitised. On the other, I'm not sure I am fully at ease singing about Wet Ham fans being petrol bombed. On yet another hand, they're West Ham fans, so.... 

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, Renton said:

I'm kind of ambivalent here. On the one hand, I don't want the game over sanitised. On the other, I'm not sure I am fully at ease singing about Wet Ham fans being petrol bombed. On yet another hand, they're West Ham fans, so.... 

I was reading the other day that up to now this year the met have arrested, had convicted and seen 3 year banning orders handed out to 51 football supporters for being in possession of class a drugs.

now, even in my crazy drug fuelled youth I always thought cocaine was shite, it made dull people think they were the life and soul of the party, when in reality they just became duller. however if they want to spend £100 a gram  achieving this they can fill their boots for all I care.

what I don't understand is if you were caught by a bouncer going in to a nightclub with some coke and they decided to involve the police, you'd likely be given a caution or end up in court and given a fine. there's no way you'd be banned from every nightclub/pub in the country for the next 3 years on top of that.

bizarre really how football supporters seem to be more accountable for their behaviour than others. 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

I was reading the other day that up to now this year the met have arrested, had convicted and seen 3 year banning orders handed out to 51 football supporters for being in possession of class a drugs.

now, even in my crazy drug fuelled youth I always thought cocaine was shite, it made dull people think they were the life and soul of the party, when in reality they just became duller. however if they want to spend £100 a gram  achieving this they can fill their boots for all I care.

what I don't understand is if you were caught by a bouncer going in to a nightclub with some coke and they decided to involve the police, you'd likely be given a caution or end up in court and given a fine. there's no way you'd be banned from every nightclub/pub in the country for the next 3 years on top of that.

bizarre really how football supporters seem to be more accountable for their behaviour than others. 

Except nightclubs aren't family friendly places who need to look clean to protect income,

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Except nightclubs aren't family friendly places who need to look clean to protect income,

it's the courts who are handing out the punishments though. if the offence is the same surely the venue is irrelevant if there's no other offence involved?

anyway, a lot of nightclub bouncers would confiscate the coke and sell it to the next fucker in the queue.

I appreciate this is going off on a tangent.

:lol:

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

it's the courts who are handing out the punishments though. if the offence is the same surely the venue is irrelevant if there's no other offence involved?

anyway, a lot of nightclub bouncers would confiscate the coke and sell it to the next fucker in the queue.

I appreciate this is going off on a tangent.

:lol:

The venue is relevant. That’s why you can issue the banning orders. Not saying it’s right or wrong but the law doesn’t view it in the same way as trying to take it into a nightclub where you have to be 18 to legally be there. Also due to the perceived link between taking drugs and football hooliganism, again in the ‘eyes of the law’. Different context, different punishments. 
I do agree it’s relatively harsh if the people haven’t done anything else. I’m also with you on coke

Edited by Alex

48 minutes ago, Alex said:

The venue is relevant. That’s why you can issue the banning orders. Not saying it’s right or wrong but the law doesn’t view it in the same way as trying to take it into a nightclub where you have to be 18 to legally be there. Also due to the perceived link between taking drugs and football hooliganism, again in the ‘eyes of the law’. Different context, different punishments 

is there a link though between coke and football hooliganism? I would've thought it was more alcohol fuelled. I would say there was probably a culture of speed in the 80s but its use was more to enable more prolonged periods on the lash. it was more the amount of alcohol consumed rather than the amphetamine.

it would be interesting to know how many of the 51 mentioned above had committed another offence for the class a to be found on them in the first place or were they caught because a springer spaniel wagged their tail at them? I suspect probably the latter.

I do think football supporters are held more accountable, unfairly so. I'm not condoning these things, but football banning orders go way beyond the punishment handed out for very similar crimes outside a football environment.

have a scrap outside the kebab shop on a friday night and you wont be banned from going anywhere near a fast food shop for years and have to surrender your passport and attend a police station every time there's a food festival on somewhere.

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Like 1

Just now, thebrokendoll said:

is there a link though between coke and football hooliganism? I would've thought it was more alcohol fuelled. I would say there was probably a culture of speed in the 80s but its use was more to enable more prolonged periods on the lash. it was more the amount of alcohol consumed rather than the amphetamine.

it would be interesting to know how many of the 51 mentioned above had commissioned another offence for the class a to be found on them in the first place or were they caught because a springer spaniel wagged their tail at them? I suspect probably the latter.

I do think football supporters are held more accountable, unfairly so. I'm not condoning these things, but football banning orders go way beyond the punishment handed out for very similar crimes outside a football environment.

have a scrap outside the kebab shop on a friday night and you wont be banned from going anywhere near a fast food shop for years and have to surrender your passport and attend a police station every time there's a food festival on somewhere.

I don’t disagree at all really. Just that’s what I think is probably the legal perspective/justification for making the distinction. I would also guess they’ve introduced sniffer dogs where there’s a perceived issue highlighted by clubs. I would also think it’s absolutely fucking rife so the numbers getting caught are relatively minute

• Like 1