Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

28 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Listening to this is football poddy. Richards fully on the Liverpool are winning everything band wagon after playing nobody of note. 

:lol:

He said "I think they're challengers". 

32 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Wyki the Toontastic Craig Hope

when eales departs the scene, exposed as the incompetent, beer swilling, karaoke singing, smarmy, snake oil salesman who ruthlessly stabbed wor mandy in the back, you're gonna be left with no alternative but to revere hope as our very own carl bernstein, you do know that don't you?

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

when eales departs the scene, exposed as the incompetent, beer swilling, karaoke singing, smarmy, snake oil salesman who ruthlessly stabbed wor mandy in the back, you're gonna be left with no alternative but to revere hope as our very own carl bernstein, you do know that don't you?

Until that day, I shall hold his reporting in the same regard as the stories of Hans Christian Andersen (but less accurate).

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Holden McGroin said:

Eales looks like the type of guy that gets very inappropriate at an Xmas party.

Lucky for him the evil Islamist Saudis have banned Christmas.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Toonpack said:

Bacon Buttie Bandit Bruce Blackpool.

How the fuck does he get work!!!!

How little attention must the Blackpool board give to football to offer Bruce a paid job?

To be fair they're probably too busy joining in stag dos dressed in Kiss Me Kwik hats to run a football club properly

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

Just the kind of brilliant regulation you're looking from the authorities; no need to focus on football but delve into real estate and other manner of things to run your business. 

By this logic, can we pour cash into the club use it to buy appreciating properties and then sell them later for profits? Make it a proper business model. Just like academy players are traded now. Or will that be unacceptable once someone outside the 'big 6' starts doing it.

They've taken months and months to approve this. They know it fucking stinks, but they've just lost a legal case to Leicester so I think they've just buckled here. 

winds the fuck up out of me this does.

i don't even give a flying fuck about chelsea blatantly taking the piss, or man city for that matter.

it pisses me off that I've got massive reservations about being owned by the saudis but I'm prepared to shamelessly overlook them in exchange for just ONE trophy (I don't really count the fairs cup, I was only a bairn and can hardly remember it) before I depart this mortal coil. time's running out.

stop pussy footing about you PIF cunts, masters and his mates are on the verge of collapse anyway.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Honestly, I reckon they'll watch what happens with Man City. Wait for the dust to settle then plot their course appropriately. If Man City escape with only lip service punishments we'll chance our arm and use their penalty as a benchmark for acceptable costs. If the hammer comes down we'll keep our noses clean. If they escape without any real punishment you can look forward to a £700m per year stadium sponsorship. :good: 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Honestly, I reckon they'll watch what happens with Man City. Wait for the dust to settle then plot their course appropriately. If Man City escape with only lip service punishments we'll chance our arm and use their penalty as a benchmark for acceptable costs. If the hammer comes down we'll keep our noses clean. If they escape without any real punishment you can look forward to a £700m per year stadium sponsorship. :good: 

Why stop at £700m….how about…

Austin Powers Laugh GIF by Zypto

• Haha 10

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I think it's bizarre that nowts been leaked with regard to man city's APT case as yet.

been expectations that it would've by now for weeks.

31 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

I think it's bizarre that nowts been leaked with regard to man city's APT case as yet.

been expectations that it would've by now for weeks.

Lawyers gotta get their money.

Good scene-setting article by Nick Harris on his substack today, in preparation for the start of Man City's 115 charges hearing. 

https://sportingintelligence832.substack.com/p/manchester-citys-115-a-recap-and?utm_source=substack&utm_campaign=posts-open-in-app&utm_medium=email&r=172gw&triedRedirect=true

You might need to be subscribed to read it, I'm not sure.