Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

He was a very lucky lad anyway. I can’t comment too much on the One Show, as Alex Jones can’t even make that watchable. But his insipid punditry mirrored his heart the size of a pea playing career, where he also robbed a living 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

More women are coming out to talk about inappropriate messages from him. What is wrong with these telly blokes. 

Think the normal rules don't apply because it's just banter innit

14 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Teams in Europe can't face each other in the next round of the league cup. :lol:

Fuck right off, man. 

The more I think about this the more it's pissing me off, I haven't seen much else about it elsewhere but they're absolutely rigging the competition for the usual suspects. Clubs in Europe already get a bye in the round we're playing Forest, (PL club, away, natch) but that isn't enough, the next round when they enter they can't play each other. How the fuck is that going to help them in Europe? :lol: the only thing it's going to help is their chances of getting to the next round, this absolutely stinks and isn't getting the coverage it should in my opinion? It also, as if needed in our case, increases our own chances of getting a hard fixture and making our own efforts to finally win a trophy that little but tougher. It really is a disgrace, this.

• Like 7

I assume the logic is that if one side is playing CL football one week and the other is in the EL the following week then it would be impossible to find a date to play the fixture?

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I assume the logic is that if one side is playing CL football one week and the other is in the EL the following week then it would be impossible to find a date to play the fixture?

They've managed to avoid this situation in the past? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I think it’s to do with the changes made to the format of the CL this season.

That's nice and convenient for certain clubs then. :good:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I think it's really ironic when you hear some of those Everton fans calling some of their players rats. Super ironic tbh. :lol:

• Like 3

I hadn't realised this was Everton's last season at Goodison. 

And their last game of the season is 25th May at St James Park. 

It's written in the stars. 

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I hadn't realised this was Everton's last season at Goodison. 

And their last game of the season is 25th May at St James Park. 

It's written in the stars. 

It was….

until this post.

well done, again

• Haha 1