Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

26 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

30 years. 😭

Rai, younger brother of Socrates, started off that tournament as captain, played all the group stages before being dropped for the knockout games. It was only then Dunga took over as captain. Also Ronaldo was in the squad (as a 17 year old iirc) but didn’t get any match time. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Andrew said:

Greenwood close to a permanent transfer to Marseille.

They suit each other.

What a cunt.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Andrew said:

What a cunt.

He managed in England, no fucking way he doesn’t know his background. Marseille have previous signing complete cunts though, but I think a rapist trumps even Barton.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Alex said:

Aye. It was a Kappa one iirc. Same style as Italy wore around that time 

I remember the uproar about the Italians wearing skin-tight tops at the World Cups around then :lol: Our poor English minds couldn’t comprehend it 

• Haha 2

Don't worry, Marseille are ready to cough up 27m for Greenwood and Saudi will probably buy Casemiro for 75m. Chelsea last season all over again. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Il baise qui Il veut

Il baise qui Il veuuuuut

Ce Mason Greenwood

Il baise qui Il veut

How continental

200.gif?cid=7ad0e14cg2x9qz0fy3b9w8knpeql

• Haha 1

So Chelsea have sold their women's team for £200 million, to..... Themselves.

Farcical now.

Edited by Toonpack
  • Jaysus... 2

The women's team had revenues last year of £9m and made a loss of £4m. There's no way it's worth $200m in any sensible valuation. 

I would be massively surprised if they get away with this. Their previous property sale is still pending approval too. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Incredible really :lol: 

Even if the PL lets them get away with it surely will be legal challenges from other clubs. 

There's been times when just a tabloid, made-up NUFC rumour has the sports media leading with stories of clubs and/or the PL either contemplating or actually making up new rules to prevent us from supposedly doing something yet shit like Chelsea pull just seems to fly without a peep being said? I mean, even if you disregard the official response, why do the usual sports media shit stirrers not have any kind of opinion on it? 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

There's been times when just a tabloid, made-up NUFC rumour has the sports media leading with stories of clubs and/or the PL either contemplating or actually making up new rules to prevent us from supposedly doing something yet shit like Chelsea pull just seems to fly without a peep being said? I mean, even if you disregard the official response, why do the usual sports media shit stirrers not have any kind of opinion on it? 

a-just-question-my-liege.gif

I believe the only answer is they're a bunch of incompetent twats content on upholding the status quo and feeding on whatever crumbs they let fall their way from supporting the 'big club' narrative.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

However much power the magedia wields on Wearside, it can be NO MATCH for the cockney mafia. 

There will be a 3 pager on rtg on how great it is that Chelsea are getting away with it just below a 70 pager on some rumour we’re selling Miggy to Saudi for £10m and how it’s a disgrace that we’re cheating the system.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 10/07/2024 at 07:55, Andrew said:

What a cunt.

Exactly, you don't say "I don't know his background" like this unless you definitely do know his background. For sure Adolf is a wonderful artist. I don't know his background.

• Like 2

What a mad tournament the Copa America is. Exhausting just watching that final, kicking the shite out of each other at break neck speeds even though most of the players are technically outstanding :lol:  it's brilliant in a way.