Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

On 29/05/2024 at 08:37, ewerk said:

Also, what's happening with Man City and Girona both being in the CL next season?

The City Football Group have come to an agreement with UEFA.

CFG are reducing their stake in Girona from 47% to 30%.   The 17% is going into what they have termed a blind trust ( no idea ).

Also 3 directors associated with CFG are or have resigned from the Girona board.  Pere Guardiola is still there but despite the obvious connection he's a catalan with no part in CFG..

An old question that i just heard the answer to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Holden McGroin said:

Man Utd about to sack a 1/4 of their staff. 

All hail Sir Jim. A man of the people. 

paving the way to get lee charnley in to be in charge of everything.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

You don't get to be a billionaire by paying other people.

I hope he ends up penniless, but only after he has completely fucked Man U and the Glazers.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

I bet that was a condition of sale agreed with the glazers

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

I bet that was a condition of sale agreed with the glazers

deafening silence with regard to your arbitration case against masters and his mates. thought there might've been the odd leak or two or even some speculation by now.

are man city supporters taking the apparent lack of news/guesswork as a good thing or bad?

1 hour ago, thebrokendoll said:

deafening silence with regard to your arbitration case against masters and his mates. thought there might've been the odd leak or two or even some speculation by now.

are man city supporters taking the apparent lack of news/guesswork as a good thing or bad?

loads  of people seem to be convinced it means one thing or the other. those that claim to know think a decision may not have been arrived at. it sounds like the case has been heard but the decision might take months.

We're normally watertight on leaks. but the PL, the FA (as a shareholder in the PL) and all 20 premier league clubs will be notified of the decision once made.

Presumably they'll all be told to keep quiet but Arsenal can usually be expected to leak anything anti-city.

personally i think we might win the legality of the rules part, but doubt very much that we'd win the "everyone is bullying us" part or the compensation claim. 

much as i hate all these ill thought through rules rushed in to stop us, i find it quite funny that clubs that voted for them seem to be getting hamstrung by them more than us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Man U have activated a one year extension on coneheads contract, was ending next year now 2026 👍

• Haha 2

My biggest memory of that tournament was thinking how the hell Hodgson kept his job after stinking the place out :poo:

• Like 1

he's so far off his line when before the pens are kicked. wouldn't get away with that today

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Bellamy new Wales boss. 

absolutely loved the mad little cunt me.

ran his socks off for us, never give less than a 100% for the cause sometimes considerably more. carried ahearer for a year when his legs had gone and fucking nailed it at charlton athletic when he called souness a fucking prick. shame he didn't chin the scottish cunt on the training ground a couple of days later.

hope he's a tremendous success for the welsh.and proves to be as popular and respected in the role as another former black and white, gary speed.

we kicked the tories out of monmouth last week and now this news, it's a sign.....

fuck england, howay the fucking boyos.   :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Greenwood close to a permanent transfer to Marseille.

They suit each other.

9 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Bellamy new Wales boss. 

Pleased he's got back on his feet cos he spent all his cash and was on the bones of his arse before he got the job at Burnley, from what I read at the time.

1 hour ago, Toonpack said:

Isn’t Marseille trust fund boys “real” club ?? Classy.

Which one is trust fund boy?

Aye, he was completely skint before the Burnley gig apparently. 
You have to wonder what might’ve happened if we’d appointed a decent manager instead of Souness back then. It started a decline the club never really recovered from until the recent takeover. The period where it seemed to be just about Shearer breaking Milburn’s record, to the detriment of the team was quite embarrassing imo. Bellamy wasn’t blameless, his not really having a long spell at any other club tells it’s own story. But Souness and his bullying tactics were never likely to work in the younger players. And it was galling to see Bellamy sold for peanuts only for Souness to be allowed to waste a fortune on lesser players. I do wish Bellamy luck and wonder if his hard times have given him a new perspective.  Kompany obviously rates him. 
What I always admired about him was the way he played. Football would be better if everyone played like him. I would always argue with opposition fabs who hated him. The worst thing he ever did on the pitch was being a mouthy prick (so what?) He always gave 100%. He wasn’t a dirty player who left his foot in, he wasn’t a diver. He wasn’t a cheat at all. He actually played the game the right way imo

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Which one is trust fund boy?

The Sunderland owner KLD 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Alex said:

Aye, he was completely skint before the Burnley gig apparently. 
You have to wonder what might’ve happened if we’d appointed a decent manager instead of Souness back then. It started a decline the club never really recovered from until the recent takeover. The period where it seemed to be just about Shearer breaking Milburn’s record, to the detriment of the team was quite embarrassing imo. Bellamy wasn’t blameless, his not really having a long spell at any other club tells it’s own story. But Souness and his bullying tactics were never likely to work in the younger players. And it was galling to see Bellamy sold for peanuts only for Souness to be allowed to waste a fortune on lesser players. I do wish Bellamy luck and wonder if his hard times have given him a new perspective.  Kompany obviously rates him. 
What I always admired about him was the way he played. Football would be better if everyone played like him. I would always argue with opposition fabs who hated him. The worst thing he ever did on the pitch was being a mouthy prick (so what?) He always gave 100%. He wasn’t a dirty player who left his foot in, he wasn’t a diver. He wasn’t a cheat at all. He actually played the game the right way imo

He was also part of the battering Matarazzi took against us in the CL. A nut off Bellamy and a brutal elbow from shearer, in the same game :lol:

Edited by Dazzler
  • Haha 2