Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

I get why Man U is an attractive proposition to a bloke such as Ashworth. The chance to reshape a massive club which has fallen away  a bit.

But he’s badly got started with us, has he? Wonder if he’ll end up negotiating a big pay rise out of this. It’s the sort of thing I could see him taking in a couple of years but isn’t he going to want to oversee us winning something? 

I don't see the attraction personally. He's got an open cheque book here (within FFP), one of the best young managers around, a good squad, a bigger stadium on the way. 

Man Utd are a busted flush. The wages that the likes of Hojlund, Sancho, Martial, Maguire, Varana, Cesmiro, Wan Bissaka etc are on means they can't sell them to anyone willing to match their wages. They've got a shite manager, decrepit stadium and are dropping like a stone 

• Like 3

Aye, more of a blank sheet of paper here. Massive problems to unpick at Man United, and if The Athletic Man United journos are to be believed they're right up against the buffers in FFP. 

BUT! It's Man United. It's about as big as it gets in this country. 

• Like 1

If he wants to go then he will. But you’d be talking about an extortionate amount of compensation or they he can spend the next few years on gardening leave I would guess 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Aye, more of a blank sheet of paper here. Massive problems to unpick at Man United, and if The Athletic Man United journos are to be believed they're right up against the buffers in FFP. 

BUT! It's Man United. It's about as big as it gets in this country. 

Unpopular manager with the fans and the players, players on big money contracts who either want away or are happy to sit it out. Established youth system and scouting department. Uncertainty around the takeover. Sky high expectations from the fans. 

or

Popular manager with fans and players, players on modest wages who are happy where they are or affordable to offload, opportunity to create a lasting legacy. Settled ownership with near unlimited funds for development away from the first team. Moderate expectations from the fans. 

It's not like he'll be on small wages here either. 

I'll believe it when I see it.

• Like 1

Reminds me of the (probably apocryphal) story from Escape to Victory. Sly Stallone supposedly fancying himself as a keeper after being trained a bit for the role he was playing challenged Pele to a penalty shootout. Pele scored all his and saved all of Stallone’s 

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Alex said:

Reminds me of the (probably apocryphal) story from Escape to Victory. Sly Stallone supposedly fancying himself as a keeper after being trained a bit for the role he was playing challenged Pele to a penalty shootout. Pele scored all his and saved all of Stallone’s 

TBF Sly is only about 5'4, he wears high heels to appear taller. All Pele had to do was put the ball high into the roof of the net (not even aiming for corners) :lol: 

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

It would be impossible to even guarantee getting 100 out of 100 on target let alone giving her something to attempt to save, the daft cunt.

"Twice on fucking Sunday" - The calling card of small minded, possibly mentally disabled, but definitely cuntish men - see also Tyson Fury (Soz Albert!)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

TBF Sly is only about 5'4, he wears high heels to appear taller. All Pele had to do was put the ball high into the roof of the net (not even aiming for corners) :lol: 

5’4??? He beat Ivan Drago ffs!