Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I'd be a bit worried if I was Man City fan given the charges against them and the fact that action has finally been taken for this shit.

It seems the points is partly due to them trying to cook the books and mislead the investigation. If Man City have been up front and honest they'll probably get a fine, like Chelsea. However, in the interest of fairness they should also be deduction 1170 points.

They also never sued filthy Gylfi after he allegedly molested a bairn, despite given legal assurances they could have a case against him. They wanted to be given credit by the commission for NOT suing an alleged paedo :lol:

They lost £125m over three years. £125 fucking million

They can go on and on and on about it only being £20m over the threshold. But losing that kind of money (I believe more than 3 times that of any other club over the same period) is heading straight towards administration anyways. Absolutely nuts.

13 minutes ago, NJS said:

Expert on SSN reckons they'll use covid as an argument on appeal - I thought they'd used covid as an excuse for the losses in the first place. 

You would have thought they’d have played all their mitigation cards already tbh.

Seems daft they’ve held any defence back, Winter says they’re blaming the war in Ukraine for loss of naming rights (£200 mill) 😂

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Scouse Mackems deducted 10 points due to something that had the square root of fuck all to do with NUFC. 

SMB…

IMG_1840.thumb.jpeg.a391e4cdbc390983f8be2d04370cc524.jpegIMG_1838.thumb.jpeg.e704598539285aac5ab4afba9294500f.jpegIMG_1836.thumb.jpeg.da4e781cc2b2cc6ebf79710b3bf52ebd.jpeg

Rent free. :lol:

I wonder what they'd say if a more ordinary thinking Durham mackem (they tend to be more normal than the wearsiders) were to point out that we've only spent the money Ashley didn't spend so far. "Check his bank statements, marra. He's definitely a mag season ticket holder, him"

• Haha 5

13 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Scouse Mackems deducted 10 points due to something that had the square root of fuck all to do with NUFC. 

SMB…

IMG_1840.thumb.jpeg.a391e4cdbc390983f8be2d04370cc524.jpegIMG_1838.thumb.jpeg.e704598539285aac5ab4afba9294500f.jpegIMG_1836.thumb.jpeg.da4e781cc2b2cc6ebf79710b3bf52ebd.jpeg

Rent free. :lol:

Was going to say earlier - I wonder how long it’ll take for them to make this about us? A matter of nanoseconds apparently :lol: 

Yet again they invent some injustice involving us and then proceed to wind themselves up about it 

• Haha 6

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

Was going to say earlier - I wonder how long it’ll take for them to make this about us? A matter of nanoseconds apparently :lol: 

Yet again they invent some injustice involving us and then proceed to wind themselves up about it 

Appropriately, given how medieval the place is, it’s a bit like the dancing plague that happened in France, stress-induced mass hysteria, except instead of dancing, it’s sitting in their Mam’s attics bashing a keyboard whilst frothing at the mouth. 

• Haha 7