Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

On 26/10/2023 at 11:14, PaddockLad said:

Why are Man City being given months to prepare a no doubt stout (and ludicrously expensive ) defence but Everton are apparently about to get a 12 point deduction dry no lube? 🤔

because we're innocent.

btw the 115 charges are really 5 different charges but repeated. something along the lines of "you broke that rule in january, then again in february, etc"

plus.... 

FB_IMG_1698607627376.jpg

• Haha 10

Oh just a quick one...

Paraphrasing Prestwich_Blue on bluemoon from way back in May.

It's not "115 charges". It's basically 5, but which cover a number of related rules over multiple years.

Charge 1 is about failure to provide accounts that give a true and fair view of the club's financial position relating to revenue and operating costs. This covers 50 combinations of rules/years.

Charge 2 covers failing to disclose player and manager remuneration. This covers 24 combinations of rules/years, 6 for manager remuneration and 18 for player remuneration.

Charge 3 covers failure to comply with UEFA's FFP. This covers 5 combinations of rules/years.

Charge 4 covers failure to comply with the PL's own Profit & Sustainability rules. This covers 6 combinations of rule/years.

Charge 5 covers non-cooperation. This covers 30 combinations of rules/years.

Charge 1 looks very much like Charge 2 plus sponsorship agreements. The PL will probably struggle to land the sponsorship stuff, as did UEFA.

In relation to financial offences it's likely mostly down to charge 2.  If we're found not to have breached any of the rules in headings 1 or 2 in any of the years, then both 3 and 4 may be irrelevant, and the charges will fail by default.

The non-cooperation charges are probably the ones most likely to succeed, if any do.

There is a bit of a fuss about Mancini's Al Jazira contract. But that ended in 2012, which was the first year of FFP, which we know we failed and ended up agreeing a settlement with UEFA.

UEFA discussed payment of player image rights via Fordham as reported by Reuters with us in 2015, there was no case for disciplinary action.

I expect we won't hear much until it's done although the losing side might possibly spin some PR down the line.

City's case will be heard by a Premier League appointed Arsenal supporting KC with no recourse to the law courts. Funny how City were the only club pushing for an independent financial regulator. 

I know you guys probably don't care but these are the obstacles that you too face.

• Like 2

Messi wins the Ballon d'or for the 8th and probably the last time. 

Thats probably it for the Messi/Ronaldo generation winning that award now, we'll have the Haaland/Mbappe/Bellingham group coming through now.

All things considered theres a chance we'll actually have players in the running over the next decade.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Thats probably it for the Messi/Ronaldo generation winning that award now, we'll have the Haaland/Mbappe/Bellingham group coming through now.

All things considered theres a chance we'll actually have players in the running over the next decade.

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Andrew said:

I can't wait for Longstaff's acceptance speech.

2 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

You may have to. 🙂 

Aye Matty's, Sean's in them next two years after he eclipses Bellingham, takes his place in the England squad and goes knee high on him in the champions league final after scoring a hat trick and setting up three more.

• Haha 1

:wallbash:

Copa Libertadores final tomorrow looks like it will be absolute carnage. The two sets of supporters was on the Copacabana. A fight broke out and the police showed up, started shooting and beating the Boca fans.

2 hours ago, ohhh_yeah said:

:wallbash:

Copa Libertadores final tomorrow looks like it will be absolute carnage. The two sets of supporters was on the Copacabana. A fight broke out and the police showed up, started shooting and beating the Boca fans.

84roim.jpg

• Haha 4

Btw, I’m not saying the Stone Island thing is getting out of hand. But I’ve just been to LIdl at West Moor and there was a granny in there who was 70, if she was a day, and she had a pink Stone Island hoodie on. I know it was probably bought in Marmaris but still :lol: 

• Haha 6

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

Btw, I’m not saying the Stone Island thing is getting out of hand. But I’ve just been to LIdl at West Moor and there was a granny in there who was 70, if she was a day, and she had a pink Stone Island hoodie on. I know it was probably bought in Marmaris but still :lol: 

I’m glad to hear Grandma Fist is wearing her birthday present. 
:lol:

• Haha 9

37 minutes ago, Alex said:

Did you fucking offer her out for a straightener, or did you bottle it you slaaaaaag?

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Alex said:

:lol: Hope she was carrying carpets like the rest of them do

• Haha 4

:throw:

Phil Neville is set to be announced as leading my local club. Already has been a complete failure in this league and a massive cunt to boot! This is going to be a toxic appointment to say the least.

Have to keep one of the 92' hands greased I suppose.

:suicide:

10 minutes ago, ohhh_yeah said:

:throw:

Phil Neville is set to be announced as leading my local club. Already has been a complete failure in this league and a massive cunt to boot! This is going to be a toxic appointment to say the least.

Have to keep one of the 92' hands greased I suppose.

:suicide:

Portland Timbers?

In the maine I've always thought they were a team that needed chopped down.

I'll get me coat.

• Haha 4

Stevie reckoned it was a sign of arrogance that Americans put the name of the state after the town / city. He would not have it when I pointed out that it was because you often had somewhere with the same name but in a different state :lol: 

• Haha 2