Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

20 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

You do occasionally have to wonder how long TT would last if cancel culture ever discovered it :lol: 

We could adopt mackem behaviour and go private. 

But, we’d run the risk of then unleashing a tsunami of filth. 

bring-it-498-x-277-gif-9yuadodohtv9xdpk.

• Haha 5

Can I let you into a secret? 

I don't really care about what people think of Rapinoe, I just enjoy stirring the pot. She may well be an arrogant arsehole, I don't really care though.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Can I let you into a secret? 

I don't really care about what people think of Rapinoe, I just enjoy stirring the pot. She may well be an arrogant arsehole, I don't really care though.

Embarrassed Shame GIF

20 hours ago, The Fish said:

@Diego21 

They'll not get more than a slap on the wrist, right?

I don't really understand much about law so I don't know where the case may end up.

What the judge says is that Barcelona made those payments to the second chief referee with the intention of receiving a favorable arbitration. In my opinion, that alone should be enough to sanction them.

The fact is that now they are seeking to know if the second chief referee really did something to get the referees to help Barcelona or simply kept the money and 'swindled them'.

I really believe that the Spanish League cannot lose Barcelona because they would lose more than 35% of the product they sell (Here, Real Madrid and Barcelona take 70% of everything in terms of money and television coverage).

The fact is that, from what I have been able to learn in recent days, the judge handling the case is not a 'serious person' either, he really likes putting on a show and has handled several media cases in which he has liked to accuse almost everyone and then had to turn back. Without going any further, apparently, the case was not his, he has illegally taken it from a colleague at the court and now that is also being investigated.

Personally, I think it is very difficult for Barcelona to be punished in sports because the only real proof there is is a document through which Barcelona makes those payments to that man in exchange for some video tapes of reports from other matches. It smells very bad, but there is no evidence against it.

I think that only if UEFA or FIFA entered could something happen sportingly speaking.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Diego21 said:

I don't really understand much about law so I don't know where the case may end up.

What the judge says is that Barcelona made those payments to the second chief referee with the intention of receiving a favorable arbitration. In my opinion, that alone should be enough to sanction them.

The fact is that now they are seeking to know if the second chief referee really did something to get the referees to help Barcelona or simply kept the money and 'swindled them'.

I really believe that the Spanish League cannot lose Barcelona because they would lose more than 35% of the product they sell (Here, Real Madrid and Barcelona take 70% of everything in terms of money and television coverage).

The fact is that, from what I have been able to learn in recent days, the judge handling the case is not a 'serious person' either, he really likes putting on a show and has handled several media cases in which he has liked to accuse almost everyone and then had to turn back. Without going any further, apparently, the case was not his, he has illegally taken it from a colleague at the court and now that is also being investigated.

Personally, I think it is very difficult for Barcelona to be punished in sports because the only real proof there is is a document through which Barcelona makes those payments to that man in exchange for some video tapes of reports from other matches. It smells very bad, but there is no evidence against it.

I think that only if UEFA or FIFA entered could something happen sportingly speaking.

As I was reading your post I thought "Well, it shouldn't matter if the bribery worked. The crime is bribery, not benefiting from bribery.", but if the Judge himself is suspect then his judgements have to be viewed suspiciously too, right?

That said, Barcelona paying the second chief referee anything is surely enough for some form of sanction? 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, The Fish said:

As I was reading your post I thought "Well, it shouldn't matter if the bribery worked. The crime is bribery, not benefiting from bribery.", but if the Judge himself is suspect then his judgements have to be viewed suspiciously too, right?

That said, Barcelona paying the second chief referee anything is surely enough for some form of sanction? 

I think that all or almost all of us agree that it is enough because the intention is to obtain arbitration benefits.

But we do not know how the law works and according to some 'expert' commentator who has said these days on television programs, it has to be demonstrated that this intention existed (because officially, I say, the payments are justified as payments for services in which the arbitrator did work scouter in videos).

In any case, the case has been going on for a year and is still in its first phase. So this is going to be very long yet.

• Like 1