Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

7 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Hopefully we can get involved here and absolutely rip the piss out of these early in the window. Assuming there's anyone Howe is still interested in.

Pulisic, Gallagher, Chilwell, Mount and Malo Gusto, in my opinion.

• Like 2

I see Everton lost in a behind closed door against non league Chester in the week. The game was to get Calvert-Lewin minutes, as explained by Dyche:

“It’s just another negative story that everyone is baying for,” said Dyche of the result. “The story behind that is the truth, which is: ‘Can we get Dominic Calvert-Lewin minutes on a pitch in a more competitive manner?’ Which we did. That has to be the focus and you can’t start changing the focus. Did he look sharp? Yes. Did he play well? Yes. Could he have scored? Yes, numerous times. But was he in there to score? Yes. Did he come through it unscathed? Yes. Is he cool? Yes. Cool as in injury-free, not cool as in … I’ve seen his gear.”

:lol:

• Haha 7

10 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

In a field that can only be described as “packed”, this is one of the most self pitying parcels of fuckin shit it’s been my misfortune to come across :cuppa:

Can't read it, couldn't give a fuck but note that spurs can't compete with a club who were starved of investment from a malevolent owner while they've been doing canny. I just wonder if he wrote an article bemoaning our situation then, (and to a degree now what with our hands being tied until the rotten fish Ashley left are fumigated and desposed of), or is he just a moaning cockney twat? 

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

Funny how it’s an issue now they might not get into the champions league. FUCK RIGHT OFF. 

He can fuck not just right off, but left off as well for me. :good:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

In a field that can only be described as “packed”, this is one of the most self pitying parcels of fuckin shit it’s been my misfortune to come across :cuppa:

And it's not like Spurs were filling up the trophy cabinet before all these takeovers happened, or did I somehow miss that?

Edited by Sonatine
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

8 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Can't read it, couldn't give a fuck but note that spurs can't compete with a club who were starved of investment from a malevolent owner while they've been doing canny. I just wonder if he wrote an article bemoaning our situation then, (and to a degree now what with our hands being tied until the rotten fish Ashley left are fumigated and desposed of), or is he just moaning cockney twat

Think we all know the answer to that question 🙂 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Alex said:

Funny how it’s an issue now they might not get into the champions league. FUCK RIGHT OFF. 

Poor Spurs simply can’t compete with a team who has had to play Dan Burn at left back, Jacob Murphy on the wing and actually started Chris Wood this season. Bloody Saudi money

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Screenshot_20230424_144023_Guardian.thumb.jpg.a8de0dfafbc53d171613f188d9007756.jpg

No surprise that the stained glass windowed one @Renton is from slave owner stock.

Absolutely disgusting. Looks like an extra off Rentaghost these days too, the slave driving bastard.

PS if you read the article, he's "starting to atone for it" by accepting Joe Willock's new haircut. BIG WOW.

• Haha 11

On 21/04/2023 at 17:44, PaddockLad said:

No, they fucking can’t compete with us. 

• Haha 5

Pitt-Brooke is on today's Athletic football podcast, which so far is dedicated to how terrible Spurs are and gives zero credit to Newcastle for pumping the absolute shite out of them.

There's loads of grounds they could have gone to yesterday and come away with a result even in their current state.

• Like 5