Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

Listening to the Price of Football pod as well and the new owners of Burnley sound dodgy as fuck. 

Bought the club on instalments, then immediately started using the club's cash (Burnley is historically well run by the previous owner so there was plenty there) to pay the instalments. And also taking out loans in the club's name to pay the instalments too. 

Sounds like they're in a really shit spot cos they can't really afford to go down but they also need cash, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if we could nick Tarkowski off them on the last day if we were in the last chance CB saloon. 

Also, much like Chris Wood, the previous owner has his own relegation clause in the sale deal, which will allow him to buy the club back at a fixed price if they go down. 

How the fuck all of this shit gets past the football authorities is beyond me. 

• Like 2

On 20/01/2022 at 19:05, ohhh_yeah said:

Slaughtered in the comments.

Ah yes, such legitimate sponsorship. Thanks FFP for making sure to protect the financial interests of all clubs.

On 19/01/2022 at 21:35, Kid Dynamite said:

He's think as mince. He wouldn't have thought of any of the ramifications beyond his bank balance 

And even if he had, he wouldn’t care 

2 minutes ago, OTF said:

Ah yes, such legitimate sponsorship. Thanks FFP for making sure to protect the financial interests of all clubs.

Aye, it was and still is intended to keep the big clubs big whilst making it difficult for anyone else to break into higher echelons 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

What a bellend :lol: 

I'd be fuckin furious if another player did this to our keeper :lol:  You need to be a special kind of shameless to actually do shit like that.

56 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

:lol: I hope he continues his same content of loitering outside the gates of the training ground up for the entire time the team is in Saudi Arabia. 

• Haha 2

@Howaydo you still listen to Burr's podcast? I packed in in the end cos he was pumping out too much per week, but I've recently discovered Anything Better? which is him and Paul Virzi. 

It's good stuff if you hadn't hear of it/are still listening to Burr. 

16 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

@Howaydo you still listen to Burr's podcast? I packed in in the end cos he was pumping out too much per week, but I've recently discovered Anything Better? which is him and Paul Virzi. 

It's good stuff if you hadn't hear of it/are still listening to Burr. 

I fell off for similar reason to you as well as the whole WFH thing meaning I wasn’t say in the car 2 hours a day, I’ll definitely give that one a try so cheers for that, had no clue he did one with Virzi. 

• Like 1