The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

44 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I want one, I think we need one, but I'm not convinced we'll get one. 

How much will a 20 goal a season cost us? £40m? Can't see that happening.

You'll do very well to get a 20 goal a season striker for £40m these days, certainly from the top leagues.

These are all of the players who scored 20 or more in the top five leagues last season (I still think it's a push to call France a top league mind).

England: Kane, Lukaku, Sanchez, Aguero, Costa.

Spain: Messi, Suarez, Ronaldo.

Germany: Aubameyang, Lewandowski, Modeste, Werner.

Italy: Dzeko, Mertens, Belotti, Icardi, Higuain, Immobile.

France: Cavani, Lacazette, Falcao, Gomis

Gomis it about the only one there who we'd have had a chance of signing had he not just signed for Galatasary.  I can't see many of the rest going for less then £40m either.

If we're looking for someone who's a proven goal scorer it's going to have to come from a lesser league like Belgium (where Mitrovic scored 20 the season before we signed him) or Portugal where you're looking at the likes of Bas Dorst (who no one seems keen on) and you're still looking at £40m.

Basically we aren't going to be signing a 20 goal a season man.

12 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

You'll do very well to get a 20 goal a season striker for £40m these days, certainly from the top leagues.

These are all of the players who scored 20 or more in the top five leagues last season (I still think it's a push to call France a top league mind).

Gomis it about the only one there who we'd have had a chance of signing had he not just signed for Galatasary.  I can't see many of the rest going for less then £40m either.

If we're looking for someone who's a proven goal scorer it's going to have to come from a lesser league like Belgium (where Mitrovic scored 20 the season before we signed him) or Portugal where you're looking at the likes of Bas Dorst (who no one seems keen on) and you're still looking at £40m.

:scratchchin:can we buy two 10 goal a season strikers?

2 hours ago, trooper said:

nil nil  every game it should be a thrilling season :razz:

I would take a boring season that means we survive, if you offered it right now. Plus 0-0 every game means an invincible season :smoke_1:

1 hour ago, David Kelly said:

Exactly, we need a strong squad that can pick up the slack the lack of a top striker leaves. Pace down the flanks, a mobile poacher up front, a well drilled defence and a decent 'keeper. We'll be ok without an established 20+ striker, plenty of other teams were.

In fact, last season 10 Premier League teams survived without a striker who notched more than 15 goals. (Burnley 10, Crystal Palace 15, Leicester 13, Liverpool 13, Southampton 7, Stoke 7, Swansea 15, Watford 10, West Brom 8 & West Ham 9). Sunderland had a 15 goal striker and finished bottom.

Or perhaps we're not interested in him at all and he's being offered around like most of the other players we've been linked with.

I liked him at Hull actually but he's been shite since he went to West Ham.  He's another winger though, surely we're well enough stocked on that front now.

32 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

With West Ham having Chicarito, Ayew, Antonio, Lanzini and Arnautovic I can see us buying Carroll back

Too injury prone, if he stayed fit him and Gayle could be a good partnership. The price would be a sticking point.

Serious question here lads we all know Rafa has to start the season with a 25 man first team squad. At this moment without the addition of a new keeper,CM & striker we have 8/9 players too many. What will happen if we can't off load them ? They'll all have contracts as  first team players shirley will they be put on paid leave ? or made to just train with the young un's any ideas ?

53 minutes ago, trooper said:

Serious question here lads we all know Rafa has to start the season with a 25 man first team squad. At this moment without the addition of a new keeper,CM & striker we have 8/9 players too many. What will happen if we can't off load them ? They'll all have contracts as  first team players shirley will they be put on paid leave ? or made to just train with the young un's any ideas ?

They'll sharp sort out a move if they're told they're not going to be registered for the league squad.

48 minutes ago, trooper said:

Based on my experience of football manager, I'd say that they sit in the reserves and bitch and moan about playing time.

5 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Based on my experience of football manager, I'd say that they sit in the reserves and bitch and moan about playing time.

Well Murphy's gone, that's one out the door.