The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

11 hours ago, Noelie said:

I think we can forget about Armstrong, I doubt he'll ever be a first team player. I would think that by now he should have proved he was a Premier League player after all his loan spells.

Have a look at Harry Kane's loan spells before he broke into the Spurs team, they're no more inspiring.  Not saying he is or will ever been close to Kane's standard but if he's rated at the club then there's plenty of time for him to come good.

30 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Hmm, worrying that the Mackems thought he was shite even before he was linked with us. We need a FB in the squad who can play either side though

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/manquillo.1361177/

Aye, he's had two swings at the Premier League and whiffed both times. Not an exciting link and that's for sure.

I'm assuming Yedlin will be 1st choice right back and Manquillo will be used when Yedlin's injured/tired/suspended? If it happens, that is.

Gamez can play both flanks can't he?

Edited by The Fish

3 minutes ago, trooper said:

Aleksandar Mitrovic has been offered to Lyon, with Newcastle United wanting €18m for the player, according to Foot Mercato.

As in they've bid for him, or we're just chucking him under the nose of anyone we think might be remotely interested?

34 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

not a huge surprise. i'd like to think he'd be replaced by a player of a similar style, albeit one who could finish, and with a bit of pace. 

Pace is a big thing for any striker who is going to play up front on his own and unfortunately Mitro doesn't have it.  He's not clinical enough enough either like.

We've been linked with Slimani from Leicester in the Mirror today.  Not sure how pacey he is but he's a big guy like Mitro.  His strike rate is only slightly better in the premier league though for a better team.