SJW Snowflakes

adios

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Nice idea, but you know full well that calmly debating with furious bigots solves nothing. They shout their hatred over your calm questions, leave claiming a victory to their fans and swelling their numbers.

If a man throws up the nazi salute, he deserves a punch in the face, that's just science.

They're just people like us man. Let them have their demo and go home.

5 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Ah sure, give them a cup of blood and a mug of soil and they'll be grand.

History is filled with people who were extremists in their youth going on to contribute to society and even change society.

According to John Stuart Mill: “…there ought to exist the fullest liberty of professing and discussing, as a matter of ethical conviction, any doctrine, however immoral it may be considered.” He continues:

If all mankind minus one were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.''

Edited by Park Life

16 minutes ago, Park Life said:

They're just people like us man. Let them have their demo and go home.

They're not people like us though. They hate and are impervious to reason, that's not "like us". They've been disenfranchised and radicalised. They're as much like us as the fighters of ISIS, except the Nazis have had far less reason to hate the status quo. 

Saying they're the same as anti-fascists is nonsense, Antifa are a response to the fascists and they're not driving a car into pedestrians or delighting in the death of a young woman who had the courage of her convictions to protest without kevlar and the arsenal of a small country strapped to her.

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Saying they're the same as anti-fascists is nonsense, Antifa are a response to the fascists and they're not driving a car into pedestrians or delighting in the death of a young woman who had the courage of her convictions to protest without kevlar and the arsenal of a small country strapped to her.

Just to be clear on this, Antifa absolutely are delighting in the damage they do to Nazis, even the unarmed ones. This is a very tribal thing.

And Antifa aren't a response to fascism really. They're a movement to end the power of the nation state and to reintroduce communism. They believe any manifestation of the state in its current form is fascism.

not all anti fascists belong to the militant "antifa" umbrella, you know. trump actually got it right there. 

lots of normal law abiding people simply want to protest against nazis because they're so abhorrent. 

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

not all anti fascists belong to the militant "antifa" umbrella, you know. trump actually got it right there. 

lots of normal law abiding people simply want to protest against nazis because they're so abhorrent. 

Yep, but wasn't that true on the right wing side too...? Was under the impression they weren't all nazis.

Just now, Rayvin said:

Yep, but wasn't that true on the right wing side too...? Was under the impression they weren't all nazis.

i don't think so. not from what i've seen, anyway. though parky and trump would obviously have you think otherwise. 

did you watch the vice doc? it gives a fairly balanced fly on the wall account of events. 

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

i don't think so. not from what i've seen, anyway. though parky and trump would obviously have you think otherwise. 

did you watch the vice doc? it gives a fairly balanced fly on the wall account of events. 

I did, it was a very well done video; extremely harrowing and hard to watch - sadly confirms for me the direction I think this will go (deaths and violence on all sides, probably at some point encompassing other civilians).

It doesn't change my opinions generally because (and maybe I should make this more distinct) it seemed to be following the genuine nazis, and not just the kids who've been propagandised into it. I was under the impression that the whole point of the march was to 'Unite the Right'. Did that mean 'Unite the Nazis' in practice? I mean I don't know, maybe it did. maybe they were all dyed in the wool nazis, but the stories I've heard from some of the families who have since disavowed their sons makes me think that we're losing young men who would otherwise have been productive members of society. I dunno.

14 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I did, it was a very well done video; extremely harrowing and hard to watch - sadly confirms for me the direction I think this will go (deaths and violence on all sides, probably at some point encompassing other civilians).

It doesn't change my opinions generally because (and maybe I should make this more distinct) it seemed to be following the genuine nazis, and not just the kids who've been propagandised into it. I was under the impression that the whole point of the march was to 'Unite the Right'. Did that mean 'Unite the Nazis' in practice? I mean I don't know, maybe it did. maybe they were all dyed in the wool nazis, but the stories I've heard from some of the families who have since disavowed their sons makes me think that we're losing young men who would otherwise have been productive members of society. I dunno.

i didn't see many soft right there, but maybe they just weren't captured on the film. 

i think the fact that even most republicans are distancing themselves from trump's stance on this says it all really. 

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

i didn't see many soft right there, but maybe they just weren't captured on the film. 

i think the fact that even most republicans are distancing themselves from trump's stance on this says it all really. 

I don't - I wouldn't trust the Republicans as far as I can throw them.

As a slight change in topic, apparently certain US states have been trying to pass legislation to allow people to 'accidentally' run over protesters... wtf is wrong with the US.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/01/25/us/nd-protest-driver-bill-trnd/index.html

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

I don't - I wouldn't trust the Republicans as far as I can throw them.

As a slight change in topic, apparently certain US states have been trying to pass legislation to allow people to 'accidentally' run over protesters... wtf is wrong with the US.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/01/25/us/nd-protest-driver-bill-trnd/index.html

exactly, and even those shits realise trump has got this completely wrong.

islamist terrorists would love that, given it's all the rage over here. 

The chief White House strategist Steve Bannon has attacked white nationalists as "clowns" as the fallout from violent protests in Charlottesville continues.

Strong words there.

Yep, Bannon seems to be attempting to improve his credibility. I suspect he considers that the Nazis undermine his plan to stealth in some fairly right wing policies.

They're bad for the optics ;)