SJW Snowflakes

adios

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

bollocks. there is no moral equivalency. you're comparing fascists and anti fascists. there is a reason why we went to war with them. 

We went to war with them because they were a threat to our empire.

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

Do they get them in the US though? Fish might have a point if the US cracks down on them but not on Nazis. I know that the UK was comfortable with Abu Hamza for a lengthy period of time before he was finally deported but I'm not sure what the lay of the land is these days.

The Kurds did a demo here recently and most of it was about their hatred for Turkey/Turks. Should that have been banned?

1 minute ago, Park Life said:

The Kurds did a demo here recently and most of it was about their hatred for Turkey/Turks. Should that have been banned?

Was it inciting violence?

According to Fish, yes. In fact, if I supported the Fish's view here, it would take care of the Antifa problem too. They'd be banned for hate speech and incitement to violence also.

I agree that it wouldn't solve anything though.

Just now, Park Life said:

You can't pick and choose. You will be the arbiter the state?

the nazis - and fascism as an ideology, more broadly - is a threat to western civilisation. that's why we shut it down in the 40s. 

it's 2017 and the president of the US is emboldening these people. do you not find that troubling? 

Just now, Rayvin said:

According to Fish, yes. In fact, if I supported the Fish's view here, it would take care of the Antifa problem too. They'd be banned for hate speech and incitement to violence also.

I agree that it wouldn't solve anything though.

It's a slippery slope.

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

the nazis - and fascism as an ideology, more broadly - is a threat to western civilisation. that's why we shut it down in the 40s. 

it's 2017 and the president of the US is emboldening these people. do you not find that troubling? 

I find more troubling that America continues to threaten multiple countries around the world with war.

It's a slippery slope.

They're closing down free speech anyway man, if it saves a few lives to do it sooner rather than later then maybe we should just get it over with.

I find more troubling that America continues to threaten multiple countries around the world with war.

...and that's even without hillary doubling down on syria. 

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

They're closing down free speech anyway man, if it saves a few lives to do it sooner rather than later then maybe we should just get it over with.

It will live on in TT. :D

Few hundred Nazis turned up at the London demo and 500/600 in Virginia. The numbers are so small its ineffectual. Turning it into a big fight just makes their cause look more real. Better to turn up chat to them and hand out soft drinks. :lol:

Edited by Park Life

Of course. Singling out a particular race or nation is hate speech isn't it?

If they did that, then yes it shouldn't have been permitted. Inciting violence is counterproductive to debate and discussion and those intent on inciting violence shouldn't be allowed a platform.

The march of angry white men shouting their bigotry should have been better policed, and the minute some nazi threw up the nazi salute it should have been shut down. 

2 minutes ago, Park Life said:

Few hundred Nazis turned up at the London demo and 500/600 in Virginia. The numbers are so small its ineffectual. Turning it into a big fight just makes their cause look more real. Better to turn up chat to them and hand out soft drinks. :lol:

After you. :D

3 minutes ago, Park Life said:

Nice idea, but you know full well that calmly debating with furious bigots solves nothing. They shout their hatred over your calm questions, leave claiming a victory to their fans and swelling their numbers.

If a man throws up the nazi salute, he deserves a punch in the face, that's just science.