2017 GE 1

Kevin Carr's Gloves

16 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Surely people can see that FPTP has run its course now. Though of course by definition you're never going to see much will to change it from the party in power.

Just been thinking about that, funnily enough. Trying to follow every potential outcome this morning is an absolute shit show

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

May is in cloud cuckoo land if she thinks this new coalition with the DUP is lasting 5 years like 

I think it will, based on the fact that I thought the Tory/Lib Dem alliance wouldn't last and it did.

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I think it will, based on the fact that I thought the Tory/Lib Dem alliance wouldn't last and it did.

I think the requirements of the Brexit negotiations will kill it. Another GE before the end of the year. Jezza will have to firm up his Brexit policy which could be trouble. He just didn't mention it in his campaign :lol: 

8 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I've already broken my pledge not to make any predictions 

10 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Is the govt majority something like 2?

A couple of deaths or a few brave Tories like Ken Clarke could easily topple this shitpile. 

I don't think there's much danger of a big deal not being made of it. Perhaps the best thing for Labour at present though is that she carries on like she's won. I think her arrogance cost her a majority and hopefully it'll be her job next.

32 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

May is in cloud cuckoo land if she thinks this new coalition with the DUP is lasting 5 years like 

In her mind it only has to last till the boundary changes. 

Thing is it's going to be so shit I don't think that will guarantee a win. 

The only way she can survive for any amount of time that isn't humiliating is if she completely changes her approach on Brexit.

Her vision of a hard Brexit, leaving the customs union and single market, has been rejected by the British people- that's clear.

These were choices she made by the way, they weren't ordained. Neither of those options were on the Brexit referendum ballot. If she's genuinely serious about going ahead with starting Brexit negotiations in 9 days or whatever she's going to have to tear up herself plan and go for something far more pragmatic. 

If this election was a second EU referendum in all but name, the country has voted for soft Brexit.

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

I don't think there's much danger of a big deal not being made of it. Perhaps the best thing for Labour at present though is that she carries on like she's won. I think her arrogance cost her a majority and hopefully it'll be her job next.

Aye, I think Corbyn's quiet and principled thing has been a boon in the last few weeks in particular, and that ought to continue. He should set some of the lower-status attack dogs on May though. :D

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

It is probably in corbyn's interest, if not the national interest, for her to cling to power and stumble along, further destroying her party's credibility, for as long as possible.