2017 GE 1

Kevin Carr's Gloves

Theres no chance of a tory win here but we went lib dem in 2010 before going back to labour last time out.

Otherwise its been Labour since the 50s and since Burnley voted strongly for Brexit it'd take some monumental stupidity for us to swing back to lib dem.

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

The current Mrs PL wouldn't vote for May if you held a gun to her head. Unfortunately "I really like Tim!" is all I've heard fro her for a month...till last night, when she did what Mrs Fish did...and came up with Labour too. A host of "where does Jeremy stand on?.." questions ensued without much consternation. Sadly, I've had to go and get her from work this afternoon as she wasn't well, and now shes lying upstairs in bed having been sick 3 times in the last 90 mins and I've just been told to make the journey to the polling station on my lonesome :(

Fucking hell, I had to hold my nose to vote Corbyn but I wasn't that bad....

Hope she's better soon.

Tynemouth village is solid Labour judging by the preponderance of Labour posters and so far one single one for the conservatives. A bit counter-intuitive considering the affluence and age of the area but there's one hell of a lot of teachers and doctors here nowadays that wouldn't piss on a Tory if they were on fire. 

A number of the blue collar guys at work are voting Labour, and many actively encouraging their mates to go out. A lot of "I've never voted before, but..." Wonder if it'll make any observable difference.

Edited by Rayvin

As Sky and BBC both reveal their independent exit polls at 10, it will be very interesting to see how close they are.

I still think with the Corbyn effect (i.e. Trump/Brexit) and with the collapse of the UKIP vote, all these models they used will be skewed.

2 hours 16 mins to go.

3 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

As Sky and BBC both reveal their independent exit polls at 10, it will be very interesting to see how close they are.

I still think with the Corbyn effect (i.e. Trump/Brexit) and with the collapse of the UKIP vote, all these models they used will be skewed.

2 hours 16 mins to go.

?????

10pm

Polls close! As soon as this happens, the broadcasters will publish their joint BBC/ITV/Sky exit poll,

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/election-night-2017-your-hour-by-hour-guide/ar-BBCgNr3?li=AAmiR2Z&ocid=spartanntp

4 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

?????

10pm

Polls close! As soon as this happens, the broadcasters will publish their joint BBC/ITV/Sky exit poll,

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/election-night-2017-your-hour-by-hour-guide/ar-BBCgNr3?li=AAmiR2Z&ocid=spartanntp

Ah, I thought Sky had their own this year. Guess not.

If it's a clear Tory majority on the exit poll, I'll stay up for the first declarations then hit the sack.

If there's any real doubt, I'm probably here all night, aye. :lol:

5 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Aside from Ken on the shiraz, who else is pulling an all nighter with me? 

i've just logged in at work for the all night shift. will be with you till the bitter end, won't knock off till about 6am

7 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Aside from Ken on the shiraz, who else is pulling an all nighter with me? 

Me :)

depending on the first hour or so.

If it's a landslide then nothing worth staying up for. --- 

If it's tight, all night long baby

I'm staying up for it (would be up anyway).

Almost as excited as I would be for a Newcastle match.  Excited like Man City away under Pardew. <_<