2017 GE 1

Kevin Carr's Gloves

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

ah, the good old days of austerity: 

benefits slashed, council budgets decimated, hammering social care, front line services cut, libraries closed.

demand for food banks increasing every year of austerity: food banks dispatching record numbers of over a million food parcels last year. 

it was a golden era

:icon_lol:

They have to keep the money supply down to protect against inflation. If they raise inflation rates and by default interest rates the debts will become unmanageable. That's all they are thinking about. They will literally let people starve to achieve this. /Greece

Edited by Park Life

1 hour ago, NJS said:

Thing is the deficit is meaningless to nearly everybody except for its use to beat labour - morons who think a country's economy is like a household one. 

The yanks are sitting on trillions of debt but Obama still tried to stimulate the economy - as has been said many times, austerity is ideology not economics. 

Of course it's not.

We we're paying around 52 billion a year on interest payments. Imagine what we could spend that money on.

6 minutes ago, Park Life said:

It doesn't even make economic sense. :D

try telling CT that :lol:

corbyn is talking about massive investment in the infrastructure and new skills needed to ensure economic growth for future generations. investing in industry isn't marxist ffs. 

conversely, you don't cut your way to prosperity. austerity was ideologically driven, pure and simple. the global financial crisis combined with support from the mail and the sun gave the tories the perfect cover to do something they had planned for decades. 

i'm struggling with why you're voting labour, CT, if you think the last few years of austerity and brexit, both policies which you still seem to champion, were such a resounding success. 

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

try telling CT that :lol:

corbyn is talking about massive investment in the infrastructure and new skills needed to ensure economic growth for future generations. investing in industry isn't marxist ffs. 

conversely, you don't cut your way to prosperity. austerity was ideologically driven, pure and simple. the global financial crisis combined with support from the mail and the sun gave the tories the perfect cover to do something they had planned for decades. 

Lets not forget Darlings plans for 2010 - 2015 were very similar to Osbourne before we revise history too much.

As I've said, I hope you're right but I don't think it's the slam dunk you think it is. 

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i'm struggling with why you're voting labour, CT, if you think the last few years of austerity and brexit, both policies which you still seem to champion, were such a resounding success. 

Im hoping that it works as who doesn't want better funded public services, better paid workers, better workers rights and no food banks. 

I just hope this wasn't a manifesto that was offered on the assumption of having no chance of getting into power.

8 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Lets not forget Darlings plans for 2010 - 2015 were very similar to Osbourne before we revise history too much.

As I've said, I hope you're right but I don't think it's the slam dunk you think it is. 

Aye, and Labour were wrong to follow the Tories down that line. Unfortunately, the media bought and paid for the narrative, so all political parties had to bend to it. I mean, the Tories see it as their core ideology, but the LDs and Labour should never have followed them.

Which is why the Labour Blairites were punished in the leadership election.

miliband was too weak to challenge the narrative too. that;s what is so refreshing about corbyn, which is why it; so frustrating he does himself so few favours in other departments. 

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

miliband was too weak to challenge the narrative too. that;s what is so refreshing about corbyn, which is why it; so frustrating he does himself so few favours in other departments. 

Aye but I guess you can't have everything...

16 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Or everyone else is right, Corbyn is wrong and we're doomed :lol:

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

Or everyone else is right, Corbyn is wrong and we're doomed :lol:

HF mentioned Obama spent his way out. Don't worry, Corbyn's in good company on this.

Does anyone know which countries we are in debt to?

Which countries are America in debt to?

Which countries are all countries in debt to, or are some debt free?

It seems like a nice game of fictional debt.

The greatest Tory PM of the latter half of the twentieth century and the saviour of modern Britain ran a deficit in most of her years in power despite having unprecendented North Sea oil revenues and selling off most of the family silver so it must be a good thing.