2017 GE 1

Kevin Carr's Gloves

8 minutes ago, ewerk said:

What did you make of that performance?

A lot better than I was expecting given today's "clarification". After a few days on the ropes she was there for the taking and I thought Neil was far too hands off early on. (Not his usual style on daily politics).

She basically (while squirming around awkward issues), managed to get the sounbites across she wanted, many times.

Come the end of the week when the other four have be crucified by him, her performance will be long forgotten.

That said, these sort of interviews are definitely outside her comfort zone. 

You think that managing to repeat sound bites while refusing to give any substantial answers and telling downright lies about her opponent makes a successful interview? 

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

You think that managing to repeat sound bites while refusing to give any substantial answers and telling downright lies about her opponent makes a successful interview? 

I said better than I expected.

2 hours ago, Rayvin said:

:lol:

Just watched park's earlier video of May as well as ewerk's.

Again, pathetic. To launch a manifesto and then backtrack immediately shows us exactly how the EU negotiation will go. It'll be a shambles with May caught between a demanding public and an intransigent EU.

It's all arid flange waving innit. The tough negotiation face she's putting on to appease Paul dacre will soon shift once she's won a bigger majority and the softer vision of brexit I suspect she has always wanted (and Tory donors demand) will emerge.

2 hours ago, NJS said:

Also the notion that she goes around the country talking to people is another fucking lie. 

She's actively avoided it during this campaign - no surprise given how poor she is at dealing even with pre-prepared questions 

People have talked about Corbyn a lot over the past couple of years but he looks much more confident and professional than May at present. He's a far better orator and he doesn't duck questions. It really feels like she's beginning to be unveiled as the fraud a lot of us on here thought her to be. I'm not exactly expecting her to lose the election or anything but she looks more shambolic with each interview / public appearance. I think she reveals a wider problem at Westminster, i.e. a dearth of decent politicians.

1 minute ago, Alex said:

People have talked about Corbyn a lot over the past couple of years but he looks much more confident and professional than May at present. He's a far better orator and he doesn't duck questions. It really feels like she's beginning to be unveiled as the fraud a lot of us on here thought her to be. I'm not exactly expecting her to lose the election or anything but she looks more shambolic with each interview / public appearance. I think she reveals a wider problem at Westminster, i.e. a dearth of decent politicians.

Elephants graveyard innit.

8 minutes ago, Alex said:

Agreed.

Have to say recently Corbyn has impressed me in a positive way sand May the opposite. Still think the damage was done with Corbyn over his ambivalent Brexit approach and contradictory trident message. May is an embarrassment now though. 

31 minutes ago, Renton said:

Agreed.

Have to say recently Corbyn has impressed me in a positive way sand May the opposite. Still think the damage was done with Corbyn over his ambivalent Brexit approach and contradictory trident message. May is an embarrassment now though. 

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, the damage was done to Corbyn by the overwhelmingly negative media reaction to him even before Brexit was on the horizon. The PLP were lining up to take shots at him well before the referendum.

He's done nothing in this campaign that has surprised me in terms of how he comes across because I've spent the past two years listening to him talk, rather than listening to what people are saying he said.

As you say though, none of this changes the fact that May, despite being utterly incompetent - something that was clear when she was home secretary let alone Prime Minister - is going to win. What now terrifies me is that previously I could just about believe that my views on her were being coloured by tribalism. That she was probably more competent than I gave her credit for. Now, she actually seems to be more or less as bad as I thought she was. Possibly even worse? What chance do we stand in the Brexit negotiations with this pack of inept opportunistic fucks in charge?

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, the damage was done to Corbyn by the overwhelmingly negative media reaction to him even before Brexit was on the horizon. The PLP were lining up to take shots at him well before the referendum.

He's done nothing in this campaign that has surprised me in terms of how he comes across because I've spent the past two years listening to him talk, rather than listening to what people are saying he said.

As you say though, none of this changes the fact that May, despite being utterly incompetent - something that was clear when she was home secretary let alone Prime Minister - is going to win. What now terrifies me is that previously I could just about believe that my views on her were being coloured by tribalism. That she was probably more competent than I gave her credit for. Now, she actually seems to be more or less as bad as I thought she was. Possibly even worse? What chance do we stand in the Brexit negotiations with this pack of inept opportunistic fucks in charge?

You are the font of all knowledge.

Listening to what someone says, as opposed to how the media report what he says, remains highly controversial in this day and age ;)

Obviously though, he's continues to be a disappointment in terms of leading the party in a general sense. Fortunately that doesn't seem to be under particular scrutiny at the moment.

As for May, literally every poster on here save CT could see her for what she was.

13 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I've followed Corbyn too and imo his performance has genuinely improved. The media haven't changed so what else could it be? He has been shambolic over Brexit and Trident though. May's own awful performances have been a needed distraction for him. Damage limitation is the name of the game now, I just hope if,when he loses he will make way for a credible candidate.