Nottingham Forest v Newcastle United - Friday 2 December - 7.45pm - Sky Sports

Happy Face

Predict The Score  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Aye if both are rescinded that officiating team surely can't be allowed to ref in this division for a while at least, it's basically saying the bloke completely ruined the match and was wrong. 

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good news if true. i'll be surprised if shelvey's is overturned tbh, even though i thought it was probably only a yellow at the time. dummett's should definitely be rescinded, but i'm less arsed if he misses a few games. 

I've seen better refereeing on a Sunday morning.  Mind you I did see one ref give a team (the one he used to play for funnily enough) three penalties when they hadn't even claimed for any of them and repeatedly shout man on when when their players were in danger of being tackled.

I'd say there won't have been too many other examples of one team having two cards rescinded for the same match.

Can't find owt, but there's this from 2012. The article says

It is believed to be the first time in English history that a referee has had two of his red cards from the same game wiped out.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2253648/Carlton-Cole-Darron-Gibson-red-cards-overturned.html

If only they'd bring in retrospective action on Lansbury since he blatantly tried to get Shelvey sent off.

This is what the FA, FIFA, and UEFA should be doing if they really want to clean up the game.  Simulation needs to be removed from the game, especially if, as in this case, it significantly affects the outcome of the match.  

Still remember Mickey Adams' wink and, later on, Ronaldo.  

The only sensible thing I've ever heard Paul Merson say is that the FA should have a panel every Monday handing out bans to cheats.

It's also about time pundits we're pulled up for using phrases like "clever" and "professional" in this context.

The only sensible thing I've ever heard Paul Merson say is that the FA should have a panel every Monday handing out bans to cheats.

It's also about time pundits we're pulled up for using phrases like "clever" and "professional" in this context.

"He's been very cute there"

Given recent revelations, they might want to rethink using this one. :whistle:

:lol:

Aye I think people like Neville need to pack it in as well with his shite argument of "if there's any contact it's not a dive", it's cheating man you can't just hoy yourself over anytime there's the slightest contact. I always get bothered by those penalties where the player has his back to goal and is running out of the box and goes down right on the edge of the box in all.

:lol:

Aye I think people like Neville need to pack it in as well with his shite argument of "if there's any contact it's not a dive", it's cheating man you can't just hoy yourself over anytime there's the slightest contact. I always get bothered by those penalties where the player has his back to goal and is running out of the box and goes down right on the edge of the box in all.

I remember Bellamy got one of those against Wolves (Lescott I think), far right hand side of the box, going out of it, bit of contact and Bellers went down. Mental.

I remember Bellamy got one of those against Wolves (Lescott I think), far right hand side of the box, going out of it, bit of contact and Bellers went down. Mental.

Those type of pens are bollocks really, I just don't see how a bloke brought down running out of the box equates to the chance on goal that a penalty provides, a player brought down just outside the box charging into it is more of an opportunity. Of course I get that they have to draw a line on this somewhere but even when we get pens like that it's one of them where you're happy for it but you feel like your lot was given a freebie. It's similar in a way to when the mackems got a pen against us for Williamson shirt pulling despite the ball being a good 20 foot above anyones head as it flew right out of play.

Those type of pens are bollocks really, I just don't see how a bloke brought down running out of the box equates to the chance on goal that a penalty provides, a player brought down just outside the box charging into it is more of an opportunity. Of course I get that they have to draw a line on this somewhere but even when we get pens like that it's one of them where you're happy for it but you feel like your lot was given a freebie. It's similar in a way to when the mackems got a pen against us for Williamson shirt pulling despite the ball being a good 20 foot above anyones head as it flew right out of play.

Those pens are just down to the stupidity of the defender tbh.  I agree it's like a freebie but I don't think it's remotely unfair to give it.

Re the pundits, I'm sure they just don't want to be called out on when they dived.  And all of the pundits who played from the mid 80's onward will probably be on camera at sometime diving.  It's been going on for years and it's been something the authorities don't seem to want to stamp out. There's no way they'd allow this sort of thing in rugby or cricket and I've no idea why they put up with it in football.  It's basically cheating that they know happens in every game so they just allow it.  I can't think of another sport where it would be tolerated.

Those pens are just down to the stupidity of the defender tbh.  I agree it's like a freebie but I don't think it's remotely unfair to give it.

Can't say I agree, I'll always find a pen given where a bloke is running out of the box and takes a tumble after feeling contact to be a load of shite, most pens are down to the stupidity of defenders.

Can't say I agree, I'll always find a pen given where a bloke is running out of the box and takes a tumble after feeling contact to be a load of shite, most pens are down to the stupidity of defenders.

If it's just a touch, ie where they're diving, I don't think it should be pen.  But if someone commits a foul in the box it's a pen regardless of which direction the attacker is moving.  You're probably right in that most pens are down to defenders stupidity.  Actually it would interesting to see what percentage of penalties over a season in a division were given for challenges a defender didn't need to make.  I reckon it's probably greater than those that are given for a mistimed tackle.

I just think it's a bit soft to give a goal scoring opportunity like a pen for a foul on a bloke who is basically out of the box and heading that way, I get I'm probably in the minority on this but I saw one at the weekend and remember thinking it was a heap of shite. 

Aye I would say there's a lot where defenders get jittery and throw a tackle in where they'd be fine just shielding the goal from the attacker, most defenders tend to get very panicky as soon as an attacker enters the area, ours definitely do and you can really see it the way they move and tackle.