Nottingham Forest v Newcastle United - Friday 2 December - 7.45pm - Sky Sports

Happy Face

Predict The Score  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a word about their fans.

I'd have the fuckers in the conference or whatever its called now in a heartbeat. It's also the second town or city I'd happily see nuked off the face of the earth given the chance.

Anyone else wondering who his other town is? :unsure2:

Mianus, Connecticut.

He had a pile up on the ring road there.

Haha...nice.  :D    That is an actual town in Connecticut.  Greenwich.

As a fan of Syracuse University Basketball and Football, I've had the pleasure of driving through that area to get to games. Both there and Madison Square Garden in NYC.  (I live in Toronto, On. Canada for those wondering how that's possible)

Thought it was a heroic performance like. Seems a bit strange after a game like that but the way the players responded showed there's some real team spirit there. As Tooj said to me on Firday night it might mean there's a bit of money to spend in January now too after the recent run of results.

The two penalty saves did it, I think, especially the second. If we'd let that in the second half would've been a massacre IMO. But keeping the penalties out really spurred the team on.

Just goes to show what a difference it makes having a quality keeper, and makes it more galling that we went out of the cup on Tuesday thanks to the comedy antics of someone who really shouldn't be anything but fourth choice. 

As far as Shelvey goes, I think Rafa will rapidly lose patience with him, the same way he's done with Mitrovic. He doesn't want undisciplined players getting themselves suspended all the time and derailing our momentum. It wouldn't surprise me if we bought a new creative midfielder to replace Shelvey in January. 

I think Shelvey's more than worth the hassle in the Championship (although he does need to learn from what he did) but that won't be the case next season. Rafa will be mercenary about that sort of thing (like KK was).

I think Shelvey's more than worth the hassle in the Championship (although he does need to learn from what he did) but that won't be the case next season. Rafa will be mercenary about that sort of thing (like KK was).

I agree Alex when we get promoted we're going to have to buy Premiership quality players this squad won't be good enough. I can't see Rafa keeping many of the current squad for the Premiership. Hopefully Ashley will have seen the error of his ways & give Rafa ALL of the promotion money to rebuild a proper Premiership squad. If Ashley decides to be a clever cnut & try & give Rafa less I can see us having a big problem.

It's only the second straight red of his career isn't it?

I think that generally though he comes with a bit of "baggage" and in terms of playing in the top flight, I'm not sure he's good enough for the manager to ignore all that. Hope I'm wrong and the fitness levels and workrate that he seems to have improved since the summer are maintained though. Either way he's comfortably one of the best (if not the best) central midfielder in this division so you have a bit of leeway even with someone like Benitez. He's not going to be one of the top 5 midfielders in the Premier League.

I agree Alex when we get promoted we're going to have to buy Premiership quality players this squad won't be good enough. I can't see Rafa keeping many of the current squad for the Premiership. Hopefully Ashley will have seen the error of his ways & give Rafa ALL of the promotion money to rebuild a proper Premiership squad. If Ashley decides to be a clever cnut & try & give Rafa less I can see us having a big problem.

I think we've a core that can do it in the Prem.

Darlow, Elliot, Krul

Yedlin

Mbemba, Lascelles, Clark

----

Anita, Hayden,

Shelvey 

Ritchie, Atsu

Mitrovic

I think we've a core that can do it in the Prem.

Darlow, Elliot, Krul

Yedlin

Mbemba, Lascelles, Clark

----

Anita, Hayden,

Shelvey 

Ritchie, Atsu

Mitrovic

Definitely don't think Anita is any more a premier league quality central midfielder than Colback is.

The last thing I'd want to us to is go for an almost completely new team if we go up.  Promoted teams need to build on what's already there not start completely a new.

Definitely don't think Anita is any more a premier league quality central midfielder than Colback is.

The last thing I'd want to us to is go for an almost completely new team if we go up.  Promoted teams need to build on what's already there not start completely a new.

Yeah, there's a narrative appearing that we'll need a total overhaul, but that's just not true. We need to be better than 3 other teams, well I'd say that we're already better than every team in the Championship, so with a few additions over the next two windows should mean we're better than at least 2 of the teams that are up there with us plus at least one of the teams that survives the 15/16 season.

Surely you want more the mere survival though i'd imagine Rafa being outraged at the thought. He's not come here to get us promoted & make up the numbers i'd imagine the first season Rafa will be looking at a mid table finish minimum.

Surely you want more the mere survival though i'd imagine Rafa being outraged at the thought. He's not come here to get us promoted & make up the numbers i'd imagine the first season Rafa will be looking at a mid table finish minimum.

Of course I do, but I don't expect this group of players to be capable of much more than safety (even if that safety is secured quickly). We have to be wary of over-reaching and be wary of too many changes in personnel. A few signings in key areas and we should be aiming for 15th ish. Next season aim for 10th. 

Get up, stay up, see where we are.

I'd want at least 5-6 in who have good PL experience, or top flight experience abroad, capable of improving the team.

I don't think I'd want any more than that other than squad players.

Personally I think 4 quality players would be ideal.