President Biden

Happy Face

39 minutes ago, ohhh_yeah said:

"As an example, they have great beaches," Trump said to reporters. "You see that whenever they're exploding their cannons into the ocean. I said, 'Boy, look at that view. Wouldn't that make a great condo?'"

"You could have the best hotels in the world right there," Trump said. "Think of it from a real estate perspective. You have South Korea, you have China, and they own the land in the middle. How bad is that, right? It's great."

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-says-north-korea-beaches-great-place-for-hotels-condos-2018-6

Like I said, utterly bizarre 

4 hours ago, Renton said:

Birds of a feather

Rim each other

Or something.

He seems to be really drawn to dictators, he would really fancy being in a similar situation himself iyam. Iirc during the campaign he said something about how Putin didn’t have to deal with bureaucratic red tape and seemed genuinely pissed off that he’d have to deal with it when he became president. He’s also regularly cried about any form of opposition, manipulated the news as much as he possibly can, and intentionally sped bills through the houses to stop the opposition having much chance to read them. 

8 hours ago, ohhh_yeah said:

"As an example, they have great beaches," Trump said to reporters. "You see that whenever they're exploding their cannons into the ocean. I said, 'Boy, look at that view. Wouldn't that make a great condo?'"

"You could have the best hotels in the world right there," Trump said. "Think of it from a real estate perspective. You have South Korea, you have China, and they own the land in the middle. How bad is that, right? It's great."

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-says-north-korea-beaches-great-place-for-hotels-condos-2018-6

Nowt wrong with that. Just pointing out in his non political style, what N Korea could achieve if they come in from the cold.

Sad thing is (and you all know it), you would be having a wankfest if Obama had pulled this off. :lol:

Its alright for Jeremy to meet with various terrorists to “play his part”, yeah right, in the peace process but not Donald.

Hypocrites, the lot of you. :)

All he pulled off was a handshake with a pariah. All Kim had to do was repeat some meaningless lines he’s issued before. Trump didn’t achieve anything. 

2 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Nowt wrong with that. Just pointing out in his non political style, what N Korea could achieve if they come in from the cold.

Sad thing is (and you all know it), you would be having a wankfest if Obama had pulled this off. :lol:

Its alright for Jeremy to meet with various terrorists to “play his part”, yeah right, in the peace process but not Donald.

Hypocrites, the lot of you. :)

Er, hold on. I backed Trump on this with the benefit of the doubt principally because I am not partisan on matters of international peace. 

I criticised him because if everything is as it seems, this deal achieves fuck all and appears to make a major concession that is not reciprocated. That is my only criticism of Trump and if Obama had struck this deal I would have said the same.

I really hope Trump has brought about peace in the Koreas, but based on what we've seen so far, it looks unlikely.

If he actually has, i would back him for a Nobel Peace prize. He would certainly be more deserving than Obama.

8 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Er, hold on. I backed Trump on this with the benefit of the doubt principally because I am not partisan on matters of international peace. 

I criticised him because if everything is as it seems, this deal achieves fuck all and appears to make a major concession that is not reciprocated. That is my only criticism of Trump and if Obama had struck this deal I would have said the same.

I really hope Trump has brought about peace in the Koreas, but based on what we've seen so far, it looks unlikely.

If he actually has, i would back him for a Nobel Peace prize. He would certainly be more deserving than Obama.

The very reason Obama never did this, as no one else had done either, is that the North Koreans were unwilling, at a level lower than the leaders meeting, would never actually offer anything of substance.

Its been well established that none of that level of contact has happened on Trumps watch and that hes just blown in there without any previously established negotiation/agreement and come out offering something for nothing, that achieves fuck all in the grand scheme of things, whilst being pictured thumbs upping a murderous, despicable dictator.

No good will come of this in the end.

I dunno about that in entirety, the US has maintained a solid position on simply refusing to meet them. Its not all been from Kim. Trump has changed that position. Much of the criticism he is getting centres on the fact that his visit validates the regime.

Obama, i think, would not have done this based on that principle alone.

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I dunno about that in entirety, the US has maintained a solid position on simply refusing to meet them. Its not all been from Kim. Trump has changed that position. Much of the criticism he is getting centres on the fact that his visit validates the regime.

Obama, i think, would not have done this based on that principle alone.

Why?

Because meeting them validates the regime.

http://time.com/5192579/trump-meets-kim-jong-un-north-korea/

It’s not that previous presidents didn’t have the option of meeting with the head of the hermit kingdom. “North Korea has been seeking a summit with an American president for more than twenty years,” Jeffrey Lewis, director of the East Asia Nonproliferation Program at Middlebury Institute of International studies tweeted Thursday night. “It has literally been a top foreign policy goal of Pyongyang since Kim Jong Il invited Bill Clinton.”

exactly. 

now the dust has settled on the photo opps and the rambling press conference, it's clear that trump has made big concessions and returned with vague commitments from a vile, pariah regime. 

WINNING 

10 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

exactly. 

now the dust has settled on the photo opps and the rambling press conference, it's clear that trump has made big concessions and returned with vague commitments from a vile, pariah regime. 

WINNING 

If it is as it looks, surely no one can argue that Trump actually makes good deals. This has the potential to make him look exactly as out of his depth as he is.

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

If it is as it looks, surely no one can argue that Trump actually makes good deals. This has the potential to make him look exactly as out of his depth as he is.

What?! As a business man maybe (ignoring his inheritance and bankruptcies), but is that translatable into global politics? Is it fuck. 

1 minute ago, Renton said:

What?! As a business man maybe (ignoring his inheritance and bankruptcies), but is that translatable into global politics? Is it fuck. 

I'm not sure you've read it right... I'm not saying that I think this, I'm saying that clearly, SOME people think this. And that those people will struggle to think this once this Korean nonsense is exposed.

Surprising defence of Trump by Monbiot:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jun/13/trump-nafta-g7-sunset-clause-trade-agreement

The only point I would pick a hole in for his article is that I doubt whether Trump wanted a sunset clause in NAFTA for the reasons Monbiot is ascribing to him. But in fairness, the effect is the same I guess.

Edited by Rayvin

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden