President Biden

Happy Face

11 hours ago, Howay said:

Agreed, it’s definitely an angle they should push. He’s costing me tax money and time the fucking whopper. 

The worrying part of the Dems is Hillary is back doing all of the late night talk shows and making other appearances, it’s fairly transparent she’s gearing up for another attempt I just hope the Dems don’t push her like they have in the past especially as even when I agree with what she is saying about some of the shadier aspects of her loss to Trump it still comes across as whinging. 

Mrs ATP and I were discussing this over the past couple of days. Hillary is utter poison for the Democratic Party. They lost the election because of her awful campaign. The longer she hangs around in the background rattling chains and doing spooky moans about Russia, the worse it is for the party. Like all ghosts she needs to move on.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, acrossthepond said:

Mrs ATP and I were discussing this over the past couple of days. Hillary is utter poison for the Democratic Party. They lost the election because of her awful campaign. The longer she hangs around in the background rattling chains and doing spooky moans about Russia, the worse it is for the party. Like all ghosts she needs to move on.

Completely agree. They have to wake up and realize the feeling of “it’s just her time” isn’t going to win an election and the longer she hangs about the more chance she has of putting off any younger/fresher/better candidates. 

This is true but Trump is doing such a bad job that she might actually win it next time. A depressing thought given that the only benefit to Trump was that the democrats may come up with someone radical.

Hillary standing again would give Trump the best possible chance of a second term. But there is a notable vacuum at the top of the Democratic tree and that's something they need to deal with - there's been no unified voice coming out and condemning the Trump administration so far (partly because the nearest contender to HRC for the most recent nomination is someone just as old and implausible as a future president, rather than a new pretender who was narrowly defeated by a more experienced old hand and who could naturally step up now). I suppose they might be doing a Labour on Brexit and just sitting back and letting the whole thing implode rather than playing their hand too early, but I think more than anything, they're still absolutely in shock and don't know how to deal with what happened.

1 hour ago, Meenzer said:

Hillary standing again would give Trump the best possible chance of a second term. But there is a notable vacuum at the top of the Democratic tree and that's something they need to deal with - there's been no unified voice coming out and condemning the Trump administration so far (partly because the nearest contender to HRC for the most recent nomination is someone just as old and implausible as a future president, rather than a new pretender who was narrowly defeated by a more experienced old hand). I suppose they might be doing a Labour on Brexit and just sitting back and letting the whole thing implode rather than playing their hand too early, but I think more than anything, they're still absolutely in shock and don't know how to deal with what happened.

Yeah this is a good bit of analysis. I had hoped that Elizabeth Warren might come to the forefront but she doesn't appear to be positioning herself for it as of yet. Sanders is too old to go again IMO. There is a grassroots movement within the Democrats that is trying to take hold, but it may be a bridge too far them to hold any influence ahead of the next election cycle. They might have to settle for getting certain policies on the agenda, rather than wholesale change.

Still though, you'd have to think that by the end of this, hard right politics will have been shown to have failed demonstrably - you'd think they'd be crying out for the back of Trump. Just wish there was a credible left wing alternative in place to swoop in and clear up - but there's not, so back to the centre we'll go.

Edited by Rayvin

Corey Booker is one of the Dems that seems to be being set up/positioned for a run at the presidency one day, but other than that aye there’s no one really. 

I think the way Hilary quickly dropped all the issues she was raising during her campaign after she lost the election is also something people take umbrage with. I hope it is all just something like her flogging a book, I hope it all ends mind as having her ranting on on the Telly at 6:30 in the morning is a bit grim. 

On 9/25/2017 at 1:35 AM, ewerk said:

The comparison of his comments about the 'sons of bitches' in the NFL and the 'fine people' at Charlottesville says all you need to know about him. He's appealing to the lowest common denominator because it's so easy to do. 

This Lt. General should give him tips on how to accurately give a speech. This is a result after racist slurs were used in the dorms.

"Get out!"

Yeah it's the start of that speech that really gets me tbh. "I hate to tell you Puerto rico..." as if that's something they should be ashamed of and which they are directly responsible for.

He is such a hopeless human being. That fuck he seems to be as ineffectual as he is incompetent. 

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden